My Olympic Torch Relay Adventure thanks to Breast Cancer Care!

I had the most amazing day of my life last Friday when I was honoured and thrilled to carry the Olympic Flame through Blaenavon,South Wales after being nominated by Breast Cancer Care.
I never dreamed I would still be here in 2012 to even witness the Olympics on tv so to have been such a part of history was just wonderful and for my family,friends and supporters such an uplifting event.I was originally diagnosed with primary breast cancer nearly 10 years ago,mastectomy,chemo,2 years tamox.,primary recurrance 07,radiotherapy,routine CT scan 08(1st I’d been offered)where secondaries were diagnosed in both lungs and lymph nodes around my right collarbone,22rounds of weekly taxol with Avastin followed over 9 months in total. my husband having walked out 10 wks after my secondary diagnosis and who plunged me straight into most acrimonious unexpected divorce during the chemo! I never expected to still be here and more than that to be stable since end 08 and being maintained on Arimidex and Zoladex and to be truly making the most out of every day that I’m able to.I want to help others particularly newly diagnosed with secondaries to believe there is hope and it is still possible to dream and live out impossible-seeming dreams.
I know that I wouldn’t have believed you if you’d told me I’d be this happy and feeling blessed 4 years ago but I truly am!

Hi Anne,
Lovely to read the experiences and the story on BBC news page. You looked so happy in the photos you shared on FB. May you continue to be stable and an inspiration to us secondaries.
M xxxx

What a lovely post - so inspiring and encouraging for all of us. Thank you for sharing.

How lovely of you to post this Anne, what a star you are. xxx

Just wonderful, well done you!! xx

Thanks , it really helps to focus and be positive when you read a post like this.

Sounds like a great experience - thank you for sharing your story.
Tournesol

Anne that is truly wonderful! Thank you for sharing and jolly well done! lots of lve and big smiles xx

Hi Anne.

A truly remarkable story, thank - you for sharing it with us. Wishing you well on your journey you deserve it.

Take care
Chris x

Hi Anne
How lovely to hear from you and what a fantastic experience. I remember the horrible times you had in 2008, especially when your husband walked out, as I had just joined the secondaries forum at about the same time. I am so glad that you are enjoying your life to the full, long may Arimidex work for us both! Well done carrying the Olympic torch, a very emotional time I expect for you and yours.
Nicky xx