My Story So Far...

Hi, I joined a couple of days ago, thank you for all your lovely welcomes.  Thought I’d introduce myself properly.  I’m 45, two children (16 and 7) and husband of 22 years.

I found my lump on 15th June, diagnosed on 26th June with Grade 3 BC, I also found a lump under my armpit.  Had lumpectomy on 28th July and full ANC, to be followed up with chemo and radiotherapy.

Today I had my follow up appointment with my consultant (16 days post op).  He is delighted with everything, healing really really well.  26 nodes removed and only that one node which I found was infected, delighted that my nodes worked so well in protecting me!  Lump is also smaller than originally thought, down from 1.56cm to 1.3cm.  Margins all clear.  Obvioulsy ecstatic at todays news.  I am Triple Negative so this caused me some concern, tamoxifen and herceptin of no use to me, consultant explained that triple negative is no different to double negative.  Had a really bad appointment at Genetics clinic last week, to much, to soon and just left us reeling really however bloods have been sent away now for genetics testing.

Next step - chemo.  Appointment should come through for 2/3 weeks time.  Feeling so much more positive, I know there are still hard times ahead to come but it’s got to be done.

Thank you so much for sharing all your stories, reading some of them have given me an enormous tower of strength, positiveness and is also an enormous wealth of knowledge!

Sending big gentle healing hugs to everyone.

TT x

Hi TT,

So here is my story so far… mine is a Grade 2, 10mm invasive ductal cancer which was diagnosed after needle biopsy and ultrasound etc on the 11th. They saw differences between my first and second mammograms and I got a call back.

I am 53, with four grown up daughters, the two eldest (31 & 28) live away from home and my two youngest (23 & 20) live at home with me and my husband.

Seeing the surgeon next week on the 19th, then waiting for surgery (lumpectomy and sentinel node removal) which should be about three weeks after that, then planned radiotherapy after healing. Just hoping that results from that are good, they reckoned those results would take about two weeks after the op to come in…that’s going to be a long two weeks! 

Amanda xx

Hi TT

i was diagnosed 21July with invasive lobular cancer, mastectomy coming up on the 19th August. I have no idea whether I will have chemo or just radio therapy, just taking one day at a time.

looking forward to getting my life back??