Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Wife Kathy

45 REPLIES 45
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: My Wife Kathy

Dear Terry

I had left the forum for some time and probably will again. Don't know if you will come here to read again but just to say i was really upset to read that kathy passed away. I don't have a partner so cannot understand the void you must now be living with. I have lost family members and remember the horrible pain and disbelief when my dad died. Sorry i can't offer anything to make you feel better - this hideous disease robs so many of us of so much. As someone else has said earlier - you were a wonderful partner to kathy and i am sure she was very grateful to have you by her side

So sorry for your loss terry

Take care

Maria x

Guest user
Not applicable

Dear Terry, I am so sorry I am so late coming to this and reading your sadest of news. You have been such an amazing husband and partner to Kathy, my heart goes out to you as you adjust to the changes in your life, but I bet Kathy is looking down and smiling still.

Luv
Nikki

Guest user
Not applicable

Dear Terry and Family

Im so sorry to hear this news, Ive been coming on here still to check on information about Kathy - her beautiful photo touched me and her rollercoaster ride was around the time my mum started having probs of her own.

I cant say anything to ease the pain but I can understand what you mean - we knew my mum was terminal but when the time came 3 months ago I realised then theres nothing really you can do to prepare yourself for it- it just hurts so much. Def take things one moment at a time thats the only way I can get through it all at the minute.

Thinking of you and your daughters,
love to you all at this sad time Vicky xx

Lenny

dear terry,

i wish i could say something to help ease the pain, i know i don't know what it feels like but just wanted you to know that you and your lovely daughters are in my thoughts and prayers.you have to get thru this just one moment at a time,

take care of each other,

with love

lenny
xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Thank you ladies. Some feedback that may be of use.

Kathy was diagnosed three years before her death. During this period we ( MY DAUGHTERS 16& 18 ) plus myself thought we had sort of got used to the idea that this was terminal.

As the actual end was so quick after many, many months of roller coasting emotions with different symptoms and physcal probems, even though I was holding her at the actual end, I cannot believe the actual physical pain of her passing, I never throught it was possible to feel this much pain, I feel I could write a book on just the emotions, but better left to someone else.
Although Kathy never wanted to come on this forum herself, I did report daily what was going on.

Thank you ladies for sharing, especially those who have already passed away.

Love to you all.

XXXX

carolihne

This is such sad news - another young life lost to this f##ing disease. You have been a wonderful supportive partner Terry. Thanks for sharing your most moving story.
god bless
Caroline

Guest user
Not applicable

Sorry to hear this, but i am pleased for her and you all that she had a smile on her face, I hope you can carry that with you.

RIP Kathy

Guest user
Not applicable

So sorry for your loss. My prayers to you and your family.

RIP

Leslee x

Guest user
Not applicable

So sad to hear this news although I know it was not unexpected. She was so lucky to have you there supporting her to the end. Hopefully, one day, the good memories will outweigh the sadness.
best wishes
Kelley

Guest user
Not applicable

I am so sorry for your loss, Terry. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Guest user
Not applicable

Terry, very sorry to hear of your loss, have followed your threads about Kathy and can only echo what others have said you sound a fantastic husband, very supportive to your lovely wife. Thinking of you at this time and sending love to you and your family at this sad time. Take care of yourself x x x

peacock

Terry I am so sorry for your devastating loss, your wife Kathy was a beautiful lady who will be remembered very fondly and lovingly by you and her family.

There is nothing more I can say, its so sad.........

AnneS

So sorry for your loss Terry. You sounded a really devoted loving husband to the end. Thinking of you and your family and friends at this sad time.

Guest user
Not applicable

I am so sorry to read this.

Mine and my husband's thoughts are with you and your loved ones at this time.

J xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Thank you all. Terryj signing off
Please beat this bloody awful bug if you can XX

Guest user
Not applicable

Terry,

I'm so sorry to read your sad news.

As I read of it I have a huge lump in my throat and eyes full of tears. The scene you describe is the same as when I lost my Mum to the same disease 15 years ago. It always seems so sad.

But I'm not going to let it get me too.......

My thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time,

Love Freddie xxxxxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

So sad to hear this news, Terry.

Thinking of you

Kay x

Guest user
Not applicable

Terry
what can I say? I am so sorry your wife has died..
Ena x

dm1968

Hi Terry

Am so sorry to hear the sad news about Kathy. Thinking about you and all your family and friends at this sad time.

Love
Dawn
xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Terry, I am so sorry to hear the sad news about Kathy, thinking about you and your family at this sad time. RIP Kathy, take care of yourself Terry, junieliz

Guest user
Not applicable

Dear Terry, I am so sorry to hear that your wife, Kathy, has died. Your wonderful care and support must have been very comforting for Kathy throughout her illness.

My thoughts are with you and your family now at this very sad and difficult time.

Guest user
Not applicable

Dear Terry and family so very sorry to hear that Kathy has died - the end sounded very peaceful for her - my love and thought to you, Jayne

brenda6

My thoughts are with you and your family Terry. Memories can never be taken from you. RIP Kathy.
Love Brenda

Guest user
Not applicable

I was wondering how you and your wife were getting on just the other day. I am so sorry to read your news but thank you for sharing with us your experiences. I am so pleased that your wife died peacefully and with a smile on her face.

Deirdre

Guest user
Not applicable

Terry

I am so sorry to hear the news about Kathy, please accept my condolsences and I wish you and your family all the strength you need to get through what must be a very difficult time.

I only come on to the forum occasionally now as I was lucky enough to get the all clear - and the reason I do still visit is to check on people who I got to know or whose stories I followed. Kathy´s was one of those as I was always so impressed by the strength, committment and love you let us all see in your posts......

Take good care
Sue x

nicky08
Community Champion

Dear Terry

So sorry to hear about Kathy's death. You must all be heartbroken, my thoughts are with you, your family and friends at this very sad time.

Nicky x

Guest user
Not applicable

Dear Terry

I'm so sorry to hear of Kathy's passing. My sincere condolences to you and your family and friends. It has been so touching to read your tender posts and witness your devotion to your beloved wife.

Rest in peace, Kathy.
xxx

belinda

I'm so sorry to read this sad news, my sincere condolences to you and your family.
Rest in Peace Kathy..Take good care of yourself Terry.
Belinda.

Guest user
Not applicable

Terry -- I'm so very sorry to hear that Kathy has died -- my condolences to you and her family & friends.

Regards, Marilyn

Guest user
Not applicable

Terry

So sorry to hear that Kathy has passed away but glad to hear it was so peaceful. Thank you for letting us know, I was wondering how she was doing.

It's so unusual to have a husband posting on this site, and although none of us are lucky having to live with breast cancer, but at least Kathy was lucky in having a husband who had the courage to join this forum and to find out more about this disease, I know my husband couldn't do it.

My sincere condolences

Linda

juliet66

Terry,

So sorry. I did not know your wife but have read your posts.
She was very lucky to have somebody like you to support and encourage her.
Find some strength in all this. You had something special.
Julie

Guest user
Not applicable

Dear Terry

I have often wondered how Kathy was doing having read a number of your posts in the past. I'm really sorry to hear the news and send my consolences to you and your family.

I think Kathy was really lucky to have a partner like yourself.

Best wishes.

Spike

Guest user
Not applicable

terry
so sorry i also have read your post and you have been a loving husband.
Thinking of you
jenny

GrannyScouse

Terry and family

So, so sorry to hear of this sad news. My blood turned icy when I read your post.

Kathy's at peace and you have to somehow find the strength to go on. She was a very, very fortunate lady to have you in her life.

Maureen xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Terry - so sorry to hear your sad news... thinking of you all

Theresa

Guest user
Not applicable

Terry so sorry to hear about your wife Kathy, i too have read yr posts since coming on here. Love and prayers to you and your family love Debs xx

eileen765

Terry I have followed your posts since I came on this site and I am so sorry to hear of Kathys passing. My condolences to you and your family and thanks for all the support you have given to members of this site love Eileen

Guest user
Not applicable

Dear Terry

I'm so sorry to read that Kathy has died. I've followed your posts and you have been such a great partner...thinking of you at this hard hard time.

best wishes

Jane

Guest user
Not applicable

Terry,
I'm very sad to hear your news. You have been a tower of strength to Kathy and have done her proud.

...and I won't let this disease get to me.

Take care
al

Guest user
Not applicable

Dear Terry,

I am so very sorry to read this news. Your account throughout Kathy's illness has been inspirational and very valuable to us all. Thank you. I hope we can continue to support you if you need it - you are a part of this board.

Rest in Peace, Kathy.

Jenny
xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Dear Terry

So sorry to hear about Kathy. Just wanted to send my sincere condolences and sympathy to you and your family, you are in my thoughts.

Lesley xx

Louise_BCC

Terry

Sincere condolences to you and your family from all at Breast Cancer Care.

Kindest regards

Louise
Facilitator

Guest user
Not applicable

Dear Terry,
so sorry to hear this news. I send my condolences to you and all your family.
Thank you for sharing yours and Kathy's story with us. You have been a wonderful husband and I know from my own experience how hard this disease effects our family life.
R.I.P. Kathy.
Love Debs and Ianxxx

orangecat

Dear Terry,

So sad to read your news.
My love to you and your family.

Kat xx

Ruby1

Dear Terry

I am so saddened to hear this and so sorry for you and your wife's family and friends and sending you all my best wishes and sincere condolences.

Big hugs
Ruby xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

My Wife Kathy

I am sorry to say Kathy passed away at 10 am UK time this morning. They put her to sleep yesterday and she slept until the end.
She died peacfully and in no pain, she had an incredible smile on her face after she passed.

Love to you all here and don´t let this bloody disease get you.

Terryj and Family in Spain