Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My mom has just been diagnosed with BC

5 REPLIES 5
amber32002

Re: My mom has just been diagnosed with BC

Hi from me too.
I was 47 when diagnosed with grade 3 cancer of similar sort of size. If it's any help at all, from what info you have so far, only 7 out of every 100 women would have a bad outcome after treatment. The treatment certainly isn't fun, but it's bloomin' good for most people these days. What can make a big difference, they've found, is a really good supportive group of family and friends. They don't know why it makes such a difference, but it does. So that's one really practical thing that friends and family can do.
Hope all goes ok for you all
Ann x

Guest user
Not applicable

I was in a terrible state when i found out about my mum, felt the lowest i have ever felt and my anxiety was through the roof. My friends kept sayind your in shock and that it will sink in after a few days and i was like " No it wont ever sink in!" and although i still have days when i cant believe it has happened to her i am now alot calmer and the anxiety has calmed right down. You are bound to be in bits its totally understandable and a normal reaction and its still so raw for you, my mum has invasive stage 3 cancer with lymph node involvement and we were told today it hasnt spread and the thing i did was cry but the tears werent the sad tears i had when i found out she had bc but tears of relief! Its funny how 3 weeks ago my world stopped when she was diagnosed and now i find my self on another level of her journey or horrible rollercoaster to where my mind has gone so far past the original diagnosis to now the treatment side of it if that makes any sense?! you will find that strength as i did and i didnt even know i had it. How old are you if you dont mind me asking? im a 28 and my lovely mum is 62 tomorrow xxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Thank u for the msg Kate .. I guess when we knew she was having the tests there was a 50/50 chance of BC but when you actually hear it it's hits u like a ton of bricks ..I'm hoping as the days go by I ease to it abit better but right now I'm in bits .. I'm trying to look at it positively also .. Good luck for your mom with the oncologist today 🙂 x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello 1inamilz,

My mum to has been recently diagnosed so i know exactly how you are feeling. I was initially overwhelmed and consumed with anxiety and grief but after a few days i turned it around and became really positive and i didnt want my mum to worry about me just herself! That lost feeling will gradually subside and i found that ordering the books off here and reading them helped me become a little more knowledgable and accepting of my mums diagnosis. As for the wait i understand that too, my mum is only going today to meet her oncologist to discuss treatment and results of additional scans 3 weeks after being diagnosed but i am trying to look at that positively, that they didnt feel that the time span wouldnt make a difference to the treatment she will need! Always here if you ever need to chat! sending lots positive thoughts to you and your mum.

Kate xxxx

June_BCC

Hello 1inamilz

Welcome to the forums. I'm sorry to hear of your mums diagnosis, this must be a very difficult time for both of you.

As well as the support you and your mum will receive on the forums you might find it helpful to order the BCC resources pack. It has been specifically designed for those newly diagnosed and contains information to help you understand the diagnosis, test results and the various treatments available. If you would like to order a copy just follow the link bellow:-

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/resource-pack-primary-early...

You and your mum may also like to talk things through with one of the helpline staff, they are there to offer emotional support as well as provide information.
The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and lines are open 9-5 Monday to Friday and 9-2 Saturday.

Best wishes
June, moderator

Guest user
Not applicable

My mom has just been diagnosed with BC

Hi everyone .. I'm so glad I found this forum as I'm a little bit lost at the moment .. My mother was diagnosed yesterday .. She's 48 ..she has told me she has stage 2 with the lump being 2cm ..I don't know if it's stage 2 A or B.. and her treatment will be in April followed by 17 days of radiotherapy .. It's a shock to us all .. I feel like I want to ask her a million questions but I don't want to keep bringing it up or panic her if she senses that I'm panicking about it so I'm glad for this forum .. is it normal to be waiting a month after diagnosis to have the op ..I would have thought they want to remove it ASAP

Millie x