cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My mum has just been diagnose with BC

22 REPLIES 22
Denise_65

Re: My mum has just been diagnose with BC

Hi kat my name is Denise I was diagnosed with stage 3b bc in February with a 6.5 cm tumour very frightening at beginning I was advised also to have chemo first which I am having FECT at moment this was to help shrink tumour before surgery and for me so far it is working from the outside the tumour has shrunk on Tuesday I go for MRI to see what they are going to do for surgery. So this is just a positive and hopeful fingers crossed that it too will help your mum good luck
Kat77

Hi Sam,
Just checking to see how you and your mum are doing? Have you had all your test results back?
Took my mum to hospital yesteday for her result and was told that she has grade 3 tumour, approx 3.5 com and will need chemo first before surgery as the tumour is too near to her chest wall so wont have a clear margin if they do surgery first. Mum wasnt too happy as she just wanted the lump out. She has been really strong up until now but she is getting really anxious now with all the waiting.
Kat xx
samjs

Glad your mum's scan went ok. HAd my Ct scan but without contrast dye as I had a reaction to it as child. Then I went to nuclear medicine for an injection but went into panic mode worrying that the Ct scan might not show up anything that might be there as I didn't have the contrast dye. Lady tried to reassure me but I was still panicking. So I went to see breast cancer nurses, she also reassured me. Not a good day today, hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Sam
Kat77

Thank you, Maggie.
Mum's CT scan went ok today, it was very quick! Have an appointment to see consultant next Tuesday, hopefully to talk about treatment plans but I'm worried her scan result might not be back in time.
Sam, hope your scan went ok today.

Katxx
maggiemay22

Good luck to Kat's mum and Sam with your scans xx
Kat77

Sam, seems like your kindle went a bit crazy 🙂
Good luck with your scans too. Will be thinking of you.
Take care,
Kat xx
samjs

I really only wanted to post that once, flaming kindle.
samjs

Kat I wish your mum well with her ct scan tomorrow, I also have my ct and bone scan tomorrow. Fingers crossed for us both.
Xx
samjs

Kat I wish your mum well with her ct scan tomorrow, I also have my ct and bone scan tomorrow. Fingers crossed for us both.
Xx
samjs

Xx
samjs

Xx
samjs

Xx
samjs

Xx
Kat77

Cerigrafucancr, so sorry to hear you're in the same situation.
I'm going to hospital with mum tomorrow for her CT scan. Just want to get all the tests and scans out of the way so they can tell us what is going on. I hate feeling so helpless.
Kat xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Just found out yesterday, my mum has bc, I'm freaking out too!
I know what you're going through. Xx
samjs

Sorry kindle predictive text messing my message up. Bcc and nurses.
samjs

Kat,
This may sound strange but I do think while the person with the disease and their supporters are both scared it is different. I actually said to my other half that I thought it was possibly worse for him. for us with the disease we have our treatment plans and know that the became nurse are doing the best for us. I think supporters feel helpless in a way because it is something they can't take away for us. My OH, parents, sons, in laws and friends have been amazing supporting me and without them I would be struggling.
Hugs
Sam x
Kat77

Thank you so much for your post, Sam. I'm so sorry to hear both you and your mum have been diagnosed with this horrible horrible illness. My sister and I are taking in turn to accompany mum to her appointments. She has been so brave yet me and my sister are a nervous wreck. It's so hard watching her go through all those horrible tests and scans.
Take care and let the fight begin, and yes we will win!
Kat xx
samjs

Hi Kat,

I know exactly how you are feeling as my mum was diagnosed in March, she had every scan going. She did have Bc but it was contained and following op she is now going to have radiotheraphy and medication. Unfortunately I was also diagnosed within a month and I didn't have as many scans to begin with I asked why I didn't have all of them to start with and they just said everyone is an individual case. Also as Lottie said every hospital does things differently.
I am sure you mum is scared, it is a scary thing and I know you will be scared too, my world fell apart when my mum told me, then it felll apart again for both of us with my diagnosis. But supporting your mum in anyway will help, I accompanied mum to a few appointments to support her but also to support my dad.

hugs for you and you mum,
Fight the fight cos it can be won.
Sam xxx
Kat77

My mum just got a letter saying she is booked in for a bone scan next week. Now I'm really freaking out. I just keep thinking all these test must mean they think the cancer might have spread. I am so so scared.
lottie63

Hi Kat77
So sorry your mum and you have found yourselves in this awful situation, I can only say that treatment varies enormously from region to region , I am under the Royal marsden and they only scan if your lymph nnodes are afected as the cancer can spread via them but other ladies on here seem to have scans as matter of course, as for MRI never had one , it is very hard to say without knowing what type of cancer and grade etc as to what treatment mum can expect to have but keep on here for more information and lots of virtual support, the ladies and men on here are marvelous and have endless knowledge
x

Jo_BCC

Hi Kat77

Welcome to the BCC discussion forums where I am sure both yourself and your mum will get lots of good, honest support from the many informed users of this site. While you are waiting for replies I have put for you below links to some of BCC's publications you might find helpful. Also if you need to talk to someone in confidence then please do give our freefone helpline a call 0808 800 6000, lines open Mon-Fri 9-5 and Sat 10-2.

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/breast-cancer-you-diagnosis...

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/it-together-partners-people...

Take care,

Jo, Facilitator

Kat77

My mum has just been diagnose with BC

Hi,
The last few days have been a bit of a blur after finding out my mum has breast cancer.
She has an MRI and another biopsy tomorrow and today the hospital called to say they have also booked her in for a CT scan. Are all these test standard procedure or is it because it they think the cancer might have spread. I am really freaking out, although my mum has been so calm about it all. Not sure if she is in shock herself or she is actually really fine about it.