My mum in law

My mum in law came to live with us last year shortly after we moved to her area for some distance away. She’s in her 70’s and has 5 children who live al over the country. A couple of months after she moved in she mentioned she’d found a lump and her arm ached. I felt it and we called the doctor for an appointment and it turned out to be breast cancer. She had this removed and is clear but going through chemo. We have been lucky. However I’m struggglibg to cope. Her positivity has been incredible, she’s not been down once and takes everything as it comes. She’s due to start her second round of chemo this week. Today she started losing her hair and it’s tipped me over. We’ve been lucky in a roundabout way as my husband was made redundant a few months ago and so has been able to be with her for all appointments and those he can’t make I can, I’ve done her injections and catered to her every need to make her feel better and comfortable, and I do love her like my mother. But today I’m struggling and I know that may seem unfair as it’s not my battle or my mum and I really don’t need anything negative I just need someone to talk to x

clnevin75

Hello and welcome to this lovely comfortable forum where you will get loads of help and support.

It is hardly surprising that you are feeling the way you are, you are a very caring daughter in law watching someone you love going through this, your MIL is a lucky lady in many ways and I can imagine it is hard to watch someone you are so close to going through this but she sounds as if she is doing really well.

You just come on here and talk whenever you want to, also if you actually need to talk to someone then ring the helpline number which is at the top of this page and you will come in contact with lots of lovely ladies who will be able to support you as well.

Even if it that you dont need an answer to anything but you just want somewhere comfortable and safe to let off steam we are always here for you.

Helena xxx

Thank you so much, just writing it down really helped me out. She has been doing so well and I think that the hair loss, although a strong possibility, came as such a shock today. Thank you xx