cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My mum

15 REPLIES 15
Salzie

Re: My mum

I'm so sorry Hun, I lost my mum very suddenly, it's a terrible shock and takes time to come to terms with. Take it a day at a time. Hugs xx
Barton

Doodle bop, so sorry to hear about your Mum. I understand how devastating it must be for you as I lost my Mum within 7 months to cancer (bowel). My thoughts are with you and your family - may you find peace soon. Your Mum is no longer suffering - not easy, I know, but try to take some comfort from that. As others have said, post on here when you can, when you need comfort. There is always someone on here with wise words. Hugs. Barton.x

Yvie178

So sorry to hear your mum has passed away, you are absolutely right more needs to be done.  Take care of yourself x

Carolyn52

So sorry to hear the news but the only comfort is that your mum didn't have to suffer much as it was so quick. It's the family that now have to start the grieving process and deal with the loss. Please visit these boards if you are feeling down as there is some lovely support from ladies here .
I know how u r feeling as i was only 22 when I lost my mum to bc at age 52.
Marirose

I am so sorry to hear your Mother has passed my thoughts are with you at this sad time and I hope you can take comfort from the good memories you share with your mum. It is a cruel disease and my heart goes out to you and your family xxx

Lucy21

I am so very sorry to hear that your mum has passed away . My thoughts are with you at this very difficult time x
nicky08
Community Champion

I am so sorry to hear that your Mum passed away yesterday, what a huge shock this must be for you and the rest of your family and friends. I didn't get a chance to add anything extra to what had already been said on your thread before this happened. Sometimes breast cancer, when it returns, can be incredibly aggressive and fast moving and unfortunately it sounds like this was the case with your Mum. Take care and make sure you have someone you can talk to at what must be a very difficult and emotional time for you.

Nicky x

Doodle bop

Mum passed away yesterday morning. I am absolutely devastated I can't believe that she has gone so quickly. My world has stopped. More needs to be done about secondary breast cancer. Miss you like crazy mum xxx
Lucy21

Are you near a centre of excellence ? The Royal Marsden or The Christie .
Like you say your mum does deserve some attempt at treatment . x
Doodle bop

Yes I am thinking about getting a second opinion.
Carolyn52

Hiya doodle bop. All I can say is chin up and sorry to hear the news.
Hugs xxx
Lucy21

I'm sorry to hear about your mum . Have you thought of getting a second opinion ? I went for a second opinion to the Royal Marsden and then transferred my care and have been there for two years now . X
Doodle bop

Just met with the oncologist who has bad pally said that mum is dying. She is hoping to let us take her home in th next few days. I devasted.
Doodle bop

Thank you x
Salzie

Lot of helpful ladies on here will be able to help, I just wanted to give you a big hug. Xx
Doodle bop

My mum

So my mum was diagnosed with grade 3 breast cancer last May - mastectomy, chemo (4 sessions) and then radiotherapy. She was then told 29/12/15 she was cancer free. She had terrible neck pain, roll on 17/01/16 to be told the cancer was back at the top of her neck, traces in liver and lung. So 5 sessions of radiotherapy started, neck pain disappeared. Then she was going for a chemo review on Tuesday 16/02/16 she collapsed in the hospital car park , rushed into hospital to be told she has septicaemia. She was admitted to hospital immediately started on iv antibiotics, then it came like a punch in the stomach, the cancer is aggressive in the liver. They have told us that there will be no treatment, as she is very weak. Her infection levels are fluctuating and they have told me that the disease is very progressive. I am angry because she deserves some attempt at treatment. I am totally gutted as I don't want my mum to go anywhere she is only 57 xxx