My operation:vocal chord medialisation injection

Bahons2

Re: My operation:vocal chord medialisation injection

Best wishes for Wednesday, Jane.

S

TORONTO

Hi Jane,

I will also be thinking of you on Wednesday, good luck, I pray that it`s successful.

Take care,
Love,
Jan
xxx

dawnflower

Dear Jane

I will be thinking of you on Wednesday.

I know how hard it is to have voice problems, every time I get a cold, my voice reduces to almost nothing and it can take weeks and weeks to come back. It can feel very isolating and lonely so please know that I am rooting for a positive result for you.

love

dawnflower

xxx

ForumMember

Jane,
will be thinking of you on Wednesday and hoping you will 'boom' once again

Very best wishes
Trish

Molennium

Good luck Jane, hope it solves the problem and gives you back your voice

Mole

blondie

All the best for Wednesday!
blondie

Kay123

HI Jane

So pleased to hear that they have come up with some plan to improve things for you - just (!) got to hope it works now. Will be thinking of you on Wednesday.

Kay x

KatieP

Hi Jane
hope they do manage to improve things for you on Wednesday.I am hoping that the Taxol will relieve my breathlessness so that my voice is less weak, it,s very frustrating especially when your voice is your job and you spend your time telling people what to do. With the anaesthetic, in March the anaesthetist didn't want to use my port as apparantly some of the muscle relaxant can get stuck and paralyse you! We agreed because of my veins that he would put me out using gas and when I was asleep cannulate me. His fiction was that the veins come up better when asleep but at least I didn't know about it! So I would ask about that, some people don't like the mask but it only takes a few minutes. Hope all goes well
Best Wishes Kathryn

lyndu

Jane,
I'll add to all the hopes for a good outcome on Wednesday, I can barely imagine the frustration of not being able to butt in on a discussion and be heard. Keyboards are good but don't compensate.

Good idea to suggest that BCC keep a log of unusual cases and symptoms - I had a friend who had Horner's back in my first forays into bc but luckily for her, no mets to vocal chords so the cancer didn't affect her voice (or her capacity to argue with all and sundry!) - and I hadn't heard of anyone since.

Not sure whether to wish you a raucously enjoyable weekend or a quietly enjoyable weekend... but hope it's good despite the looming procedure.

Lyn

horace

All the best for the op Jane will be thinking of you.Vx

Dahlia

Hello Jane

I hope you will be relieved on Wednesday, GA isn't the most pleasant exerience.

You will never be without a voice on here for sure but it must be soooooo frustrating to communicate with people with such a "handicap" - wonder where the handi bit comes in??? Certainly not handy.

Best wishes
D

carolihne

Hi Jane,
Hope all goes well on Wednesday and you recover your 'normal' voice - this b*8dy disease robs one of so much.
cheers
carolinej

jantharra

Hi Jane, I am sorry I have no direct experience to share, but wanted to add my best wishes to the others. You are so supportive of everyone else and help out with answering us when we're scared and upset, respect to you for that.

It must be really hard to have such an unusual form of this, it's hard enough having a 'normal' set of symptoms and developments, even then it seems quite lonely. Hope the op is a complete success and your voice is back to as close to normal as possible

Hugs
Nikki

LottieLemon

Jane,

Glad to hear the medics are optimistic they can improve your voice. I know what you mean about general anaesthetic, probably best not to think about it too much. I hope you will wake up chatting!

Lottie

Anthi

Good luck Jane - I will be thinking of you.

Anthi x

ForumMember

Good luck Jane, I hope everything turns out as well as possible for you.

AJxxx

AnneTh

Good luck Jane and don't be afraid. You'll be ok and I hope your voice will soon be too.
Anne x (another tricky customer)

ForumMember

Jane

Shall be thinking of you and keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Love and best wishes

Anne xx

BoneyL

Good luck Jane, will be thinking of you.

Linda

PS Whats your website address?

longden

Best of luck Jane,....hope it all goes well,Debrax

Jacksy

Hi Jane,
I'm so glad there's something they can try, to improve your voice. Really hoping it works. Of course you'll wake up you daft bat! But I know exactly how you feel. It's a very vulnerable thing being 'put under' - your life is literally in someone else's hands for that time. It's a bit like flying in an aeroplane (or giving birth, for that matter) - you just have to think of all the millions of people who go through it without a hitch.
Will be thinking of you on Wednesday,
lots of love
Jacquie

Jennywren

Hi Jane,

Recently there have been a few posts on bcmets about vocal chord paralysis. I don't know how relevant or not they may be to your case - but I'm sure you will have seen them anyway!

Obviously hope your particular procedure goes well - expect to be deafened by the results.

Jenny
x

DilysP

Hallo Jane

You are so great on here. Just wishing you all the best for the operation next week. Fingers firmly crossed.

Much love

Dilys
xxx

jojo22

Good luck for Wednesday and hoping for a good result for you

Best wishes

Jo

Ruby1

Hi Jane

Wishing you the best of luck for a successful operation next week. Losing your voice must be the most frustrating thing.

Best wishes

Ruby xxx

suecco

Hi Jane

Lots of luck for wednesday,

Sue xx

pinklinda

Hi Jane
Want to wish you all the best with your latest procedure. I so hope it restores some of your voice . It must be so frustrating not having your usual voice. I will be thinking of you on Wednesday.
I agree that it would be good for BCC to keep a dossier of unusual cases. I have never heard of a case like yours and certainly have done more than my share of research. My chemo induced deafness is evidently rare as no one on the forums has responded to my queries as to fellow sufferers and you have to search for information, certainly no leaflets etc are available.
I will look forward to your news on Wednesday, or whenever you are able to post. My fingers are crossed.
Must say how much I enjoy your website, it is brilliant. I hope you may at some time get your essays published. I read widely anything bc and among much rubbish have found a few true gems and yours would certainly be among them.
Best wishes
Linda

dm1968

Hiya Jane

I hope all goes OK for you on Wednesday and that you get some good results and some of your voice comes back stronger.

Will be thinking of you.

Love
Dawn
xxx

debsincornwall

Hi Jane
good luck with the procedure got my fingers crossed.
Love Debsxxx

Fletchjet

Hi Jane
Good Luck on Wednesday. I would welcome the idea of unusual cases - mine is similar to yours except it was regional from outset so I sort of missed out the first bit you went through, but I fully understand the isolation feeling as you don't quite fit the normal category but still get the grotty prognosis.

Thinking of you

Helen

lisaf

Good luck Jane, thinking of you
xx

JaneRA

My operation:vocal chord medialisation injection

I'm having a day case 'procedure' done on Wednesday. It's an injection of bioplastique into my vocal chord which has been damaged by pressure from tumours in my neck.

The aim is to try to restore some of my voice. The surgeon says the operation is unlikely to fail completely and should strengthen my voice so I can be heard with background noise. I should regain control over the volume (there is none right now) though not necessarily over pitch. My voice will probably sound like the old 'me' but no guarantees on this.

Right now I'm fretting about the general (always think I'll never wake up not to mention my veins...apparently anaesthetist will 'prefer not to' use Hickman for anaesthetic).

Anyone know anyone who's had this procedure???? The symptom is unusual from breast cancer but not unknown. I also have horner's* syndrome...(droopy eye caused by tumour pressure on eye nerves but this isn't too noticeable as I wear glasses.)

It would be good if BCC could keep a dossier of unusual cases...everything about my 'regional ha ha,,,not spread to 'another part of your body, ha ha not really secondaries..just terminal...cancer is totally undocumented in any literature from BCC. I know I'm not the only one with unusual or different presentations, but I guess the feeling of isolation can be the same.

In the meantime keep your fingers crossed for me waking up and being able to speak on Wednesday.

Jane

*chemo brain hits..it's horner'sydrome I have, not mondor's syndrome which is something else...