Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My secondaries are 5 today!

39 REPLIES 39
Highlighted

Re: My secondaries are 5 today!

Hi Debs

It's people like yourself that give a lot of people the hope and courage to get through those difficlut days and actually enjoy their life again. I have taken many a wise thought form both yourself and Kate over the last year. I was really sorry to read about Kate's passing - it's strange because although a lot of us will never meet we connect closely in a way.

Well done and I look forward to seeing many post from you in years to come, keep on fighting!

Diane

Highlighted

Congratulations it is good to hear stories like yours. Hop you have many more years.

Highlighted

Congratulations! such good news. Have often thought that site needs lots more posts like this to encourage recently diagnosed that it is not the end.
Ariadne

Highlighted

Congratulations Debs, it brings hope to so many x

Highlighted

zipedee do dah zipedee de yay my oh my.........well done sport. Although i do worry about the village analogy. Too often the only thing there is the idiot!

I too remember that car journey home - horrendous.

Take care

Highlighted

Hi Debs

Other have said it but I would like to reiterate.

Congratulations on reaching this milestone, but also thank you for sharing. Posts like this can give others some much needed hope.

Pancake

Highlighted

Debs, it's great to follow this thread and also your 'not on chemo' thread. It's so encouraging to hear you're beginning to feel better after chemo and managing to do so much. I had thought maybe my gardening days were coming to an end but now I'm more hopeful for the future after reading how much gardening you've been doing lately.

I'm just about to start on chemo but am still waiting to hear what/when and how. I've had bone mets for 2 1/2 years which have now got worse along with further spread to soft tissue, lymph nodes in chest and liver and I've been quite shocked at how quickly I've gone from feeling okay to having to deal with a lot of pain. I've felt very down about having to go on chemo again, especially as I had just planned to go off travelling. Your posts have given me some encouragment and hope for things to improve again. So congrats to you and keep enjoying your time and long may it continue.

Highlighted

i'll raise my glass to your 5 years - and long may I be doing so....

Highlighted

Hey Debs,
Thanks for sharing that with us - it's good to hear some good news, and I'm sure you will find some way of having a good old celebration!
Love Jx

Highlighted

Well done - this is such good news. And gives those of us with only primary bc so far the hope that if secondaries do arise it is still possible to live for many years.

Bright

Highlighted

That is good news Debs, so glad to hear you are 5 years on and I hope you have so many more!

Nikki

Highlighted

Congratulations Debs on your 5 year anniversary. Lets hope lots of us manage that milestone too. I am hoping for that and then the 10 year mark LOL.

Hope you are celebrating and looking forward hopefully to another 5.

Love
Dawn
xx

Highlighted

hi debbs missed you at the meet up today ! well done on the 5 yrs ,im just passed my 3rd and still kicking a.....s we have to dont we ?!! heres to the next 5. never thought id still be here after 3 yrs and cant believe how the time has gone ,after a round of appointments treatments etc its nice to have a short break from it all before i see the oncologist again .hope your treatments are going well . see you soon .lynn x

Highlighted

Hi Debs, I've read many of your posts since I first came on here last November, some amusing but always informative and very helpful. Pleased to hear you are feeling better and excellent news on your 5 years, this kind of news gives hope to us all. Heres to many more. Love Lesley xx

Highlighted

hi Debs
thanks for this its so good to hear this kind of news, it gives a lot of hope,heres to many more xx
xxxx
Caz

Highlighted

Hi Debs and miserable birthday to your nasty uggers.

Anniversaries are good miletones. Its 2 years since my own 'incurable recurrence'...then I didn't think I'd be here today and I am...how our hopes can change,

I like the idea of the cure being in the village..not for us I know but the future yes.

Jane x

Highlighted

Thank you to every for your good wishes. My we all live longer and suffer less from the side effects of all the treatment we have to endure. I know the cure is not around the corner but I pray it is in the village.
Love Debsxxx

Highlighted

Hi Debs

Well done to you, your an inspiration. I will raise a glass to you, may you remain well and celebrating for a long, long time to come.

Love

Linda

Highlighted

hi debs

brilliant news, that certainly gives me hope. enjoy yourself and have fun, you deserve it, we all do. take care x

Highlighted

Hi Debs
I'm glad that your treatment has worked well for you and you have reached the 5 year mark, particularly as you are feeling relatively good at the moment.
Ena

Highlighted

Hooray for YOU Debs. 🙂 My secondaries are 5 and a half. 🙂
Let's have a GREAT summer. 🙂 Belinda..x.x.

Highlighted

Hi Debs

I have tried twice to post this, I am not sure what the problem is but anyway

Thanks for sharing your positive news.

Take care and keep proving the experts wrong!

Highlighted

Know exactly what you mean about the fragility of it all, Debs, and we all can but hope for more anniversaries.

Five years definitely merits a celebration!so hope you and Ian have planned a good evening.

Love Kay x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Congrats Debs and thanks for letting us all know and giving us hope. I too would like to be able to celebrate 5 yrs post-dx.
Nicky x

Highlighted

Congratulations Debs and may there be many good times ahead for you,
Josie xxx

Highlighted

Congratulations and great that you are feeling well

Fiona

Highlighted

You go girl! and congratulations.

Take care

Lynne

Highlighted

Wonderful news and great that you're feeling better than you had been. I wish you many more years to come and continue the posts, I enjoy them a lot. Pat x

Highlighted

So pleased Debs, I know what you mean about the fragility of it all. Have a great celebration!
Love Kathryn

Highlighted

have seen so many of your posts Debs since i first came on here ib feb, think it must be the name!! Glad you are feeling better and well done on yr 5 trs milestone, heres to many more, love debs xxx

Highlighted

Well done Debs I am really pleased for you.

I know it has not been an easy journey and I agree about being very fragile.

It just goes to show how we can all be so different.

Highlighted

Congratulation Debs! I hope you will celebrating in style...

Jenny
x

Highlighted

That's great news Debs. I hope there'll be many more anniversaries and glad to hear you're feeling a bit better. It takes a such a long time but glad you're getting there.
Your story gives us all hope - I hope I make 5 years too.
Anne xx

Highlighted

wonderful news debs. may there be many more,

love nicky

Highlighted

Really pleased for you Debs, glad you're feeling relatively well at the moment and may you have many more 'anniversaries'

Love Lesley xx

Highlighted

Congratulations and all fingers crossed!!! xx

Highlighted

Hi Debs, all the best to you and may it continue love junieliz

Highlighted

well done Debs, really pleased, celebrating with you.
Mx

Highlighted

Hi Debs

Glad to hear you're many years beyond initial expectations, and may you have many more "I'm still here" anniversaries.

Marilyn x (5½ years and counting . . .)

Highlighted

My secondaries are 5 today!

Five years ago today I was told I had secs, the onc felt another lump I was sent to the breast clinic and warned it did not look good. Several hours later I was told I had lots of clusters in my liver and prognosis was not good. Chemo could buy me more time, no chemo and I was looking at weeks.
We drove home in silence other than the old sniff every tear that dropped sounded like a loud plop and exchanges of really sad, desperate looks and I am sure I could smell fear from within.
After lots of really hard treatments and more days in bed recovering, I am still here and so very grateful.
Off to a clinic appointment today and I feel a lot better than I have for months, but it is all so fragile and I know could change at any moment.
Love Debsxxx