Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My sister

3 REPLIES 3
Sam_BCC

Re: My sister

Hi englishc

It sounds like you're having a very difficult time at the moment. May I suggest you give the BCC helpline a call to talk through your questions and concerns about your sister. Here you will be able to talk with one of our trained members of staff who will offer you a listening ear as well as support and information. The number to call
is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm and Saturday 9am to 2pm.

Please do give them a call, I hope you find this helpful.

Kind regards
Sam (BCC Facilitator)

AnneTh

Hi
I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. At 23, she shouldn't be facing this, and neither should you.
I'm not sure of the answers so will bump this up to the top - maybe BCC will respond to you directly. Sometimes they respond by asking you to contact them for help with questions like these.
Very best wishes to you both
Anne

msmolly

Hello - I am so sorry to hear about your sis.
My understanding is that local recurrences are generally regarded as a failure of primary treatment to eradicate the disease rather than secondary spread. But I'm not 100% sure if that is the case.
If you were to post this query in the Local Recurrence category some women who have direct experience of this may be able to help you more than I can.
Best of luck to your sister.

englishc

My sister

Hi there,

I'm just hoping to get some advice, my sister was dx with an IDC (stage 3) in July last year, an immediate lumptectomy of 7cm tumor and axillary clearance revealled 17/26 node involvement, pathology report showed cancerous presence on nearly all margins, er/pr- HER2+++.

She was 23 at the time. She has since gone through chemo and had a double mastectomy, initially the docs advised that she was to go on herceptin straight after the surgery, however the pathology report came back from the breast tissue and revealled 3 more small tumors so they have decided to change her treatment plans.

Last week they advised that she was going to begin a 5 week course of radiotherapy before the herceptin instead. However she has since been advised that another tumor has been discovered in the breast area, and treatment plans are to be reassessed again.

Does anyone have an understanding of localised reoccurences? I realise that a tumor thats invasive has by definition developed the ability to colonise the surrounding breast tissue. But considering the removal of the primary tumor, should they be regarded as secondary?

Thanks for any advice anyone can give 🙂