My story so far...

Hi all. Have finally felt ready to add my post after finding comfort reading through all of these.
I’m 26 and on Sunday found a huge area of solid tissue with a lump in the middle of it- kinda feels like a “pipe” at times. I firstly got so panicked the drs was shut on Monday due to back holiday so I went up to a&e (!!) I actually thought they would do a scan and say all was fine. Anyway I practically got chucked out and told it wasn’t an emergency (it sure is to me)
Went to gp on tues who agreed with me it was irregular and sent an urgent referral up to my Breast clinic.
Since then I have swung from hysteria to thinking I’m totally over reacting and that it’s fine.
It’s sore after I touch it and my arm at times feels funny.
Has anyone else had these symptoms?
I suppose now I’m just waiting on an appointment and I’m not sure how much longer I mentally can.
xxxxxxxxxxx

Dear kirsty

Welcome to the forum.  I’m sorry you find yourself in this worrying situation.  I’m sure other members will be along to offer some support.

You could also talk things over with one of our helpliners.  They can offer practical information and emotional support.  The opening times are 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays.  The number is 0808 800 6000

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Good luck with the breast clinic Kirsty. My experience has been that they are very thorough but there is simply no way to  make the waiting any easier - it’s truly pants!