72K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED TO GET DRUNK..............................

11 REPLIES 11
lisaf

Re: NEED TO GET DRUNK..............................

Hey if a drink helps go for it i do, hugs xxx

dotchas

Big Hugs Muffett and Cheers!
Sometimes you just need to,I think we may have had news about the same person (scotland)on Friday..........the first bottle didn't touch the sides!!!
Love
Dot

norah2

Diagnosed in Sept (stage 1), single mastectomy and lymph clearance and now halfway through chemo (just gone onto docetaxel). Is it weird that my alcohol consumption has remained the same or even gone up a bit (half to three quarters of a bottle of wine per night, nothing in the day). My oncologist doesn't seem too worried about this. Yet it seems so many people give up completely for treatment. Don't know the ins and outs of alcohol and treatment, but it appears not to affect it, apart from dehydrating, I guess. Anyone else the same? Chemo's odd enough without giving up things you like, in my opinion.

elaine_r

hi muffett i would like to say CHEERS

moser

No need to apologise Muffett. Absolutely with you ...sometimes only a drink or three will do and s*d all those who get all moral over it!
(Hope you manage to work something out re Spain...)

Many hugs

Mo xx

ChoccieMuffin

Muffett, you have a PM.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello Muffet
Personally I think there are times when totally bladdered is the only way to be.
Cherish yourself
Chinook

Guest user
Not applicable

LOTS of cyber hugs heading your way, totally understand, I've had 3 crappy years, with one thing after the other too, take care xxxxx

ChoccieMuffin

Hey Muffet. Hope the head's not too bad this morning, but I completely understand. My alcohol consumption in December just after diagnosis went through the ceiling.

Is there a CAB-type organisation over there that you could speak to, or something like Maggies in the hospitals who might be able to offer some practical suggestions?

Mezzomamma

I wish I had some brilliant advice, but I don't. Bu@@er them.

Cheryl

SM422

Oh Muffet, completely understand, and would get drunk with you like a flash, but on painkillers! Hope all the hugs I am sending you help just a little!

SJ x x

Guest user
Not applicable

NEED TO GET DRUNK..............................

Sorry, I might well be on my own tonight BUT such a S....T day I really need a DRINK...

Am I alone... Hopefully not... Do you know life has a way of kicking you straight in the balls...

So this thread is dedicated to us who need to get Piss....D out our heads hoping we might get a little bit of sanity back... Or Even Sleep would be good...

I apologise to BCC for this thered but I think necessary!!! Well even if only for me...

Today two lots of bad news... A very dear lady to me.. Cancer has spread....

Me because I live in Spain, treatment now refused.....

So sorry ladies, I feel tonight i want a drink... So a toast to you all...........................xxxxxxxxxx!!!!!!!!