Naproxen- painkiller for aches and pains

Has anyone tried naproxen as a painkiller for their aches and pains.

I went to my GP last week, can hardly get out of bed in mornings due to stiffness. Have to do load of stretching exercises before I can get out of bed! If not I get muscle spasms which then makes me tense up which just results in aching all day. So anyway my GP said to try Naproxen at night and see if that helps. It is stronger than Ibruprofen.

Haven’t tried it yet, I am already on Omeprazole to help my stomach with regards to taking Ibruprofen so that shouldn’t be a problem, just fed up with taking all these drugs I guess.

I would add that I finished Letrozole last March after 5 years and before that 5 years Tamoxifen so I thought the aches etc would go away but no such luck!

Hi, I have problems with Ibuprofen and my stomach in the past. , I had Naproxen when I broke a finger last year, then also took it this year after my WLE and lymph node clearance.  I had a wound infection and it helped the pain, along with the antibiotics to clear the infection.  I also took omeprazole to protect my stomach and didn’t notice any side effects from the medication.

Hope this helps,  Barbara.

I’m on three naproxen a day to ease joint pain which started with letrozole. I’ve taken letrozole for two years and tried paracetamol first, the amitriptiline at night and now I’m on omeprazolefor my stomach and naproxin. My aches aren’t as bad and I can actually walk downstairs in the morning without hanging to the bannister. I soon now when I’ve forgotten to take it!