1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Natural menopause relief tips please.

10 REPLIES 10
scattyshirl

Re: Natural menopause relief tips please.

You too Chez666, oh how I long for those bygone days of period pains once a month!
Chez666

Scattyshirt, thanks for the tip off re the lady care, I am going to order one and start using it after rads finished as my sleep has gone absolutely haywire and I have had the mother of all bladder infections...pesky BC and enforced menapause. Take care Cheryl x x
scattyshirl

Thanks Chez666, I will give them a go, I have just been reading about the 'Ladycare magnet', apparently it's worked for many, but not sure about having one in my underwear day and night!

Chez666

Hi, sage tablets are also recommended for hot flushes I have ordered some so can't comment on their effectiveness or otherwise, it is described as plant oestrogen and I have to eliminate oestrogen so just to be on the safe side j have checked my onc is happy for me to take them. Good luck x x
Bondgirl

Glad you are getting more sleep - it was the no sleeping that got to me x
scattyshirl

Just to add that I have started drinking more water - and it has made a huge difference! Less flushes/night sweats and sleeping better! 😊

scattyshirl

Thanks Mollymcg and Bondgirl, I have taken eve prim for years which I like to think is helping, especially in the hair and nails dept, the irony being I originally took it to calm my pmt, oh what easy times they now seem to have been - through my rose tinted glasses! 

Bondgirl

Just wanted to share my experience. If I DONT drink alcohol, caffeinated drinks and spicy food I may only have 1 hot flush at night if at all, but if I have a curry or have a couple of glasses of wine (red is worse) or have tea or coffe then the hot flushes come with a vengeance and I don't sleep. I only say this coz last night OH said shall we go for a curry and last night had about 10 and feel tired this morning.

Helps me
Mollymcg

Hi,

I've gone into this in detail - with the help of The Haven breast cancer centre. It's hard to judge what really works, but I've given up booze and sugar completely. I found the sugar really helped. It's in everything though! I take evening primrose every day. That seems to help. I had one acupuncture session and following didn't get one hot flush for about a week so I'll go back for more and explore that once RT is over. Hot drinks aren't helpful. A bottle of cold water at all times - and drink loads of water, much more than normal. 

The Haven gave me nutritional advice and I thought I ate healthily but have ramped it up a bit. 

I kept an old-fashioned Spanish fan by the bed but I don't seem to need it. Hard to tell if the above regime worked or if it's just got a bit better. 

Sam_BCC

Hi scattyshirl

Whilst you are waiting for the other users to reply with their experiences and knowledge you might find it helpful to read the publication booklet, menopausal symptoms and breast cancer. It covers a range of ways to help you cope with menopausal symptoms, including complementary therapies and prescription drugs. If you would like to order a copy or read this on line just follow the link below:-

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/treatment-side-effects/menopausal-symptoms-breast-c...

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

scattyshirl

Natural menopause relief tips please.

Due to my BC being PR positive I am unable to take anything containing oestrogen, my menopause has been kick started with a monthly injection, anti depressants have helped the hot flushes, and Replens is helping the  vaginal dryness, fortunately available on the NHS. But sleeping is an issue, I have bought some mung beans to go into my food as they're recommended for general relief, but wondered if anyone has experience of a natural herbal remedy that doesn't clash with medication or go against the 'non - oestrogen' rule book. Am I just looking for a miracle relief? Probably, but it's worth asking!