Nauseous after rads

Hi 

I’m 9 days post radiotherapy (15 & 5 boosters) and still feel rather rubbish. My SNB scar really reacted to the treatment and had rads burns all around it and into my armpit. Unfortunately my skin didn’t cope too well with the whole thing despite using E45 and aloe Vera gel. 

I still get really tired rather easily but my main issue is that any pressure on the SNB scar area makes me feel sicky immediately. This is making wearing bra horrible and even a crop top I have, which avoids the scar completely is still making be feel nauseous so I guess it’s just that whole area that is causing this. 

It’s definitely pressure thats causing it as if I go without a bra, I feel much better. 

Has anyone else experienced this?

I’ve had enough now and just want to get some kind of normal back again. I know it’s still early days but feeling sick all the time is useless. 

Thanks for listening

Hi Beth

Am experiencing some nausea too, with headaches, but I think it’s just fatigue. Keep telling myself that after 2 weeks, I was told that I will still feel tired, but just want to get back to some kind of normality!

Sending a hug x

Hi Beth,

I still have nausea and vomiting after Chemo. Finished rads 3 weeks ago and this added to it.

My solution has been to stick to the anti-sickness meds I still had from chemo, For me the best one has been Cyclizine (normally use for motion sickness). 

It was very hard to find a drug that helped control the sickness. For chemo I needed 3 or 4 together to make a dent. It may be trial and error to find something that works.

There are motion sickness drugs that can be bought from your chemist without a prescription or your GP may have some other ideas if they don’t work. Your Oncologist or BCN may be able to help as well.

My breast became really red and swollen after rads. Luckily my GP suggested anti-histamine cream and steroid cream. I also took anti-histamines by mouth and this combo finally calmed it all down.

I found the clinic staff and the BC nurse useless. They seem to only have limited ideas in my case.

Hope that helps.