68523members
360407posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navelbine/vinorelbin anyone on this chemo?

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted

Re: Navelbine/vinorelbin anyone on this chemo?

Jan,don't suffer for another two weeks. Ring your GP or the ward. You don't have to put up with that.
Hugs,Helen xxxx
Highlighted

This is not my first chemo and metoclopromide never worked for me,  I have been given cyclizine and ondansetron to take half an hour before I take tablets to stop me sicking them straight up. If my chemo was short term I wouldn't bother so much, but like most of you its for as long as it works, if it works that is.

I always have to take travel pills whenever we go anywhere so maybe I am more prone to sickness than some.

I will ask for domperidone when I go back to the hospital,that's two weeks away.

Thank you for your replies, much appreciated.

Jan

Highlighted

Hi,jan,please tell ward as there are plenty anti sickness out and you need a stronger one.
Metoclopromide don't work for me either .
Hugs,Helen xxxx
Highlighted

Hello Janice. I haven't had much nausea with these tabs but do take domperidone as an anti sickness tab. I think there are quite a few different choices and one may suit you better than another. Metoclopromide doesn't help me at all. I felt worse. Suggest a chat with breast care nurse or onc for advice. Hoping you get help very quickly,

Highlighted

Hi Janice,

Sorry to hear you're suffering with sickness, please do give our helpline team a ring and have a chat with them, they're here to support you through this.  Calls to the helpline are free, 0808 800 6000 lines open Monday morning at 9am through to 5pm (weekdays) and Saturdays 10-2.

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

Highlighted

Only been on this a week and have felt nausea's the whole time. Went out for a meal the other night and had to go outside and was sick.  What bothers me is that I am due my next dose, how will I feel when I've taken that?.  I have anti sickness tablets but they don't seem to help much. Anyone else had this problem.  

Jan

Highlighted
Community Champion

I got 5 years out of this chemo with very few side effects. It was easy. I did infusion chemo because I live in USA and insurance wouldn't pay for oral at the time. Funnyface

Highlighted

I've just had my fourth dose of vinorelbine. Very limited side effects and I haven't lost any hair at all. It's interesting that some people have been on this for a while, I didn't think it was a long term chemo
Highlighted

• I am starting this in a couple of weeks orally after e/e stopped working. Always nervous about starting new drugs.My oncologist said I wouldn't loose my hair, but then the litreture I was given said I would. What have you been told? As I will be most probably taking this till it stops working it is a worry. This will be my 5th year on treatment and I am really fed up with feeling ill. Sometimes I feel like saying I've had enough, just to feel well for a while.

Be interesting to hear what you have been told.

Jan

Highlighted

Thank you for positive thoughts - only found out today I've got to have the dreaded steroid tablets as well for first day or so, each week.  Have enjoyed not taking them for 2+ years, in that I haven't had that wide awake boost in the evening and been able to sleep....Hope your friend didn't have any side effects..

Highlighted

Good Luck with the chemo daisy. A friend has been on tablets, Vinorelbine, for many years. X
Highlighted

Hi Daisy

I am sorry you haven't had replies as yet, whilst you await these our helpliners are on hand with support for you on 0808 800 6000 and lines are open weekdays 9-5 and Sat 10-2 so please feel free to call to,talk any concerns over

Take care
Lucy BCC

Highlighted

Navelbine/vinorelbin anyone on this chemo?

Going to start this later this week. Had 2 stable years on capecitabine and previously had dice taxol and ec. Secondaries in liver and bones. My blood levels became affected by the Cape with low haemoglobin and platelet counts so had 3 months off chemo and a blood transfusion. Now my liver biochemistry results are climbing and onc wants me to start on new chemo asap to try and get things stable again. Had bone marrow biopsy which shows a little infiltration into bone marrow but still some healthy cells. Been on a roller coaster for months as things have gradually been found out. Good news at present is not being in pain from bone mets. Have had some right leg pain but not every day and paracetamol and ibuprofen relieve it. Anyone offer me any positive thoughts or comments. The new drug I can have in tablet form but maybe a reduced dose to start to see how my body and blood results are affected. Bit of a minefield here I think.