Near Milton Keynes Northampton

Was wondering if there is anyone around my area that might be interested in meeting up for a coffee and a chat. Due to my treatments being at a private clinic I know a sum total of 0 people in my situation. It’s quite lonely, although of course this place is a great help. My details are in my profile if you want to have a look, oh, and I have traded my axe in now, as well as the big bunny shaped pot :slight_smile:

Anyway, if there is anyone who might be interested, please get in touch.

Nikki

Hi Nikki,
I’ve sent you a message. I live in the same town, and know someone else here, too, who might be glad to meet up with you for a chat. It’s so good to talk face to face with others in the same boat.
I’m 53 with two grown-up daughters. diagnosed last february, had mastectomy and all the treatments. having my first lot of check-ups now. Trying to get my brain working again, and hoping I will be ok for a while, at least, but one never knows with this thing. Sorry to hear your news of a recurrance. Hope the new drug works for you.

best wishes,
A. xx

Hi Ann, thank you, I have replied!!!

Nikki

Hello, this is the first time that I have answered any postings, so not sure if i am doing it right.
I live between MK and Northampton and had a mastectomy last January at NGH followed by 6 chemo and 20 radiotheraphy, Back to work full time now in Northampton. I am 51 and have 2 daughters of 16 and 20 as well as a supportive husband and 2 mad dogs !
I would be happy to meet up with you and any others in the area. Not sure how we get in touch with contact numbers etc ! Can’t you tell that I am not very computer literate!!

Hi Rosie, thanks for the post and really sorry for the delay, missed it in the new layout!! I have replied privately. Look forward to chatting with you

Nikki

Hi,
Im in NE Northamptonshire but its easy for me to get to Northampton or MK. Would love to chat. Im just giving up work very shortly. Ive worked all my life and its only a few more months until Im 60 but Ive decided this summer is for myself. Im two years down the line from diagnosis.
Margaret C

I’m an MK girly too, and would liove to meet for coffe & chat!

I’ll drop you a PM Nikki

Hi

Is there room for another bc friend in this group? I’ve recently been diagnosed with bc. I living in MK (staying with a friend at mo)…but don’t really have any friends/family nearby. Chats with others would be soooooooooo welcome!

Hi Nessie

Sorry to hear of your diagnosis, and that you are apart from freinds and family just now, that must be tough :frowning:

There is another (more active thread) here, loads of ladies in the area and I think something is being organised by them but have been on hols and yet to catch up with everything.

breastcancercare.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=23227&hilit=+northampton&p=357794#p357794

Nikki