cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need someone to chat to

2 REPLIES 2
Bernie610

Re: Need someone to chat to

Hi Gillian quite new to this forum. I have read your post and wondered how you are doing? I am in your area xx
Jo_BCC

Re: Need someone to chat to

Hi Gillian,

Welcome to the BCC discussion forums where I am sure you will get lots of good, honest support from the many informed users of  this site.

BCC run each Tuesday evening a special 'Live Chat' service which is just for those people with a secondary diagnosis, the regular users here are a great support to each other and I am sure you will find this service helpful.  I have put you the link below for you to have a look at.

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/community/chat

In the meantime if you would like to talk to someone in confidence then our helpline team are just a free phone call away, 0808 800 6000 open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays.

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

Guest user
Not applicable

Need someone to chat to

I was diagnosed in February 2013 with Secondary Breast Cancer in my right lung with pleural effusion. My primary breast cancer was diagnosed in July 2008. This was a complete shock to me last February as I was looking forward to July 2013 as my five year clear date. I would love to be able to chat with someone who understands what it's like for me to be going through this. I have friends and relatives but I feel that nobody truly understands me. I am having a hard time at the moment and finding things very difficult especially with the pleural effusion as I am having my lung drained quite frequently it was every 5-6 weeks but now it's more like 2-3 weeks now and I am frightened that this means the cancer is getting worse. If you like to chat please contact me. I live between Preston and Southport Area in Lancashire. Gillian x