Nerve pain after SNB - complimentary therapies?

Hi all, 

I had WLE and SNB on 18th January. Have been having a lot of nerve pain from my armpit/arm still. Good movement, but still the shingles like pain.

i had my Onchologist appointment on Monday, and I still can’t have rads yet, because she says my breast is still too swollen and lumpy, and still changing size and shape.  I’ve now received a letter saying I start on 3 April.

i was relieved in a way, because she says my armpit is still swollen too, so I think that’s why I still have pain. I hope so anyway, and that it will ease when the swelling finally goes.

she also suggested that in the meantime, I have some complimentary therapies to help with pain and relaxation etc, to aid the healing of the nerves. These are available as part of my treatment, and I’m being referred to the centre that offers them.

Has anybody else had this and used complimentary therapies to promote healing of nerves after surgery? What type of therapies work well etc?

thanks

Jayne
x

Hi Jaynes1208,

I’m sorry to hear you’ve been in pain. I am sure some of our users will be along to share their experiences and show their support soon. 

In the meantime you can always post on our Ask the Nurse board or call our helpline on 0808 800 6000, who will be able to talk you through any questions you have about complimentary therapies. The opening hours are below:

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Wednesday, 9am-7pm
Saturday, 9am-1pm

Best wishes, 

Bonita 

Hi Jayne hope your complimentary therapies have helped , i have a bit of peripheral neuropathy in my fingers just st the tips but not to bad hope you fell better soon x

Hi Jayne

I have had a prescription for Amitripyline which although is not a complimentary therapy has helped my pain immensely!

Sandra x

Sorry to hear that, have you ever tried water massage for you nerve pain?

Alphalopoic acid supplements meant to help nerve pain but do some research. And not meant to be taken when having radiotherapy.

I too have amytriptaline which helps.

But what really eased swelling, pian etc was having some fluid removed that had built up.

Hope you feel better soon :slight_smile: