Nerves Jangling

I got back yesterday from a week’s break in Cornwall ahead of my WLE & Axilliary Clearance set for Wednesday. On the outside I am very calm about the whole thing but I know that psychologically it’s affecting me, the thought of the op, because I am so touchy and short with people.

My poor old dad who is staying with me is trying so hard to make life easy for me and all I can do is make annoyed responses to anything he says. I just want to hibernate until it’s time to leave for the hospital on Wednesday.

Good luck and love to everyone else due for an op this week - I think one of the Julie’s on this site is due the same day as me. Hope your nerves are better than mine.

Sharon x

Hi Sharon,
I’m sure your dad understands, its not that easy putting on a front for everyone is it, especially when inside your scared stiff.
Hope all goes well with your op.

karen x

Hi Sharon
It’s a horrible feeling isn’t it - that sense of impending doom? It’s one of the worst things about BC is that you feel perfectly OK but you need all these treatments that make you feel crap. If you have an abscess you’re begging the dentist to do something, but with BC you get all the build up to the appointments!
I do hope all goes well. My experience, and from reading other posts I’m not alone, the surgery was OK and the time in hospital was made very comfortable. Of course, i can think of many, many places I’d rather have been, but it wasn’t as bad as I imagined at all. I hope yours goes well - tell us how you got on.
Sarah
XXX

Hello Sharon,

Facing surgery is scary and I sympathise. I had 2 separate ops one for lymph clearance and then later a mastectomy, and was terrified.

I can honestly say, that both operations were straightforward and not lengthy, and before I knew it I was waking up in recovery asking for a cuppa! Each time I was home within a day or two (complete with drains)!

Try not to worry too much, it will soon be over, and in my experience any pain was minimal.

Best wishes for Wednesday.

xx

Hi Sharon ,
Wanted to wish you, and all who are having surgery this week the very best, I will be thinking of you.
I am 5 weeks post mastectomy, I know only too well how you are feeling.
For me the fear was much worse than the actual surgery, I hope that you will feel as relieved as I was when you wake up.
Please try not to focus on Wednesday too much (easier said than done, I know). be good to yourself.
Love Rosamund x

Hi Sharon

Was just about to log off, and saw your message. I’ve just posted one about my op tomorrow too !

I’m nervous too honey, and it really hit me when I left work yesterday and it took me half an hour to get out the door with everyone hugging me and wishing me luck (and of course the usual comments we’ve all had - “you’re so brave”, “so inspirational” etc.) I’m not that brave, because I cried all the way home !!

Have taken today off work, mainly to clean through the house and get the ironing up to date for my lot, but I keep thinking “this time tomorrow…”.

Anyway, I’m sure we’ll be absolutely fine - lots of luck for tomorrow and we’ll soon be back on here comparing notes !

Lots of love

Julie xx

Julie and Sharon
Good look for tomorrow!
I had the same op in July and truly it was fine. My scar is now small and i use my arm pretty much normally! Last week of radiotherapy this week. Much love to you both, let us know how you get on.
Love Julie X

Hi Julie and Sharon

Just wanted to wish you both all the best and tell you how much I sympathise with you. I had my op 3rd Sept. and I was terrified. So many people told me the op was the easy part and it wasn’t that I didn’t believe them - it just didn’t make me feel any less frightened. Looking back on it now, I realise just how easy it was. The staff were brilliant, the op was quick and the pain relief was superb. You will worry - I know I would still worry if I had to go through another op - but it will be ok and it will soon be over. You’ll be back here comparing those notes before you know it. You’re both in my thoughts and prayers.

God bless.

Christay

Just wanted to add my comments to Christays and it is the same, and yeas here I am back comparing notes just four days later

Sweetheart

Just wanted to wish you well, it will be ok, I had a WLE and 16 nodes removed beginning of Sept - started chemo today. Get this hurdle out the way, the nurses will completely understand how you are feeling and we will all be thinking of you here.

Make sure you do your exercises and rest when you need to.

See you back on here in a couple of day’s, let us know how it went.

Karen xx