363529posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nerves kicking in now - MX tommorrow

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Nerves kicking in now - MX tommorrow

Thanks for the pants Helena - looks like I'll need them a while longer.

My results were meh - the cancer was in the first lymph node but not the second so chemo for me in January 

On the plus side the drain is out and have Christmas off before everything else begins.

Community Champion

Shocked

Well here is a nice freshly laundered pair of the tough pants to help you through xxxx

tough pants.jpg

Helena

Thanks Sammy feeling stronger by the day as well - husband has been ill since I got home think he’s expecting sympathy -typical

Hi Shocked, glad to hear your op went well and you were home as planned. Good luck for Wednesday!x

Aww thanks Helena. Will try not to stress about the results until at least Tuesday 😁

Community Champion

Shocked

Yay great to hear you are at home and recovering now.

Got everything crossed for you that you get the results on Wednesday.

Sending you loads of very gentle hugs

Helena xxx

I did get to come home on Thursday evening🙂

had a slight delay going into surgery as my parts (implant) hadn’t arrived so was really nervous for a while there waiting for DHL to deliver my new boob 😁 

Woken up at 3.30 and was home by 8 after spending a few hours on the daycare ward - I was the only patient in the ward so felt rather spoilt being fussed over. The staff were all fabulous throughout and the consultant is hoping to get my results back by Wednesday.

feeling stiff and uncomfortable rather than in pain - the drain is the worst bit as I’m a wimp when it comes to things like that but that should hopefully be gone on Monday. 

Community Champion

Shocked

Hope all has gone well today and that you are at home recovering.  Let us know how you are doing when you can xxx

Community Champion

Hi Shocked - I just wanted to say that I hope all went well with your op today and that you are home now and resting. All the very best to you for your recovery. This forum is great for sharing worries or concerns or asking advice or questions, there is always someone who understands and can help.

Evie xx

Hi Shocked,

4 weeks today I was feeling just like you!  Had just had my isotope injection and was first on the list the next day!  Everything went to plan and I came home the same day.  I still can't believe that  asI had a mx in 2007 too and was in hospital for 5 nights with that one.  I felt very good when I got home apart from a bit of sickness due to the anaesthetic.  You will hopefully be fine and like Sammy says, if you are not and you are unwell in any way, they will keep you in.

Take care and good luck tomorrow,

Polly x

Thanks Sammy, I am supposed to be first on the list tomorrow so they hope I will be out by the evening (still finding that its even a posibility is amazing) - i'm all packed for a stay if needed though. Got all worked up about the isotope injection and ended up not even feeling the nurse had done he injection. Feel like a right plonker now. 

Glad to hear you are coping well - do you know what your next steps for treatment are yet?

Hi Shocked
Just wanted to say good luck for tomorrow.
I had my mx just over a week ago and so definitely understand how you are feeling right now, it’s to be expected before such a major thing.
If it gives you any reassurance at all, the recovery so far and realisation post surgery has been much better than I’d anticipated. If you feel like you need to stay in the hospital over night then tell them - I ended up in 2 nights and I’m glad I did. It’s not ideal, but also quite reassuring have the nurses there when you feel quite vulnerable. Make sure you stay on top of the pain meds, definitely rest as much as possible and take all help offered.
I hope it all goes well, you’ll be amazed at how strong you can be (I have been!) xxx

Nerves kicking in now - MX tommorrow

Think I have been in some sort of denial since I found out the plan for surgery I am just getting ready to leave for my isotope ready for MX tomorrow morning and feeling sick at the thought and feeling very sorry for myself. Got to be at the hospital for 7.30 and they are hoping to let me home tommorrow eveing but I am now terrified. Not sure why posting on here but I know you ladies will all understand.