Nervous and new here

Last Nov. I had a mammogram that had to be rechecked, they saw a small spot and wanted a second look where they took what felt like 100 pictures. They sent me home and said I have young boobs, that still have alot of what looked like little viens… They would see me in a year. 7 months have passed and for the last 3 or 4 months I have had tenderness and a spot that feels fat ( sorry it’s the only way I know to explain it) Maybe a little swollen. I called yesterday and they got me right in and my OBGYN said there is something there … but it might just be tissue??? I go in for another mammograme followed by an ultrasound on July 9th… It feels like that is forever away from now. I am trying not to get overwhelmed, but I am nervous. What does all this mean. Do any of you have a similar case or know what will happen from here.

Hi Tracyjayne

I’m sorry to read that you are having a pretty worrying tough time at the moment. I’m sure the users of this site will be along to support you soon.

In the meantime maybe you would like to talk through how you are feeling with a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

Hi Tracyjayne
Sorry that you find yourself in this waiting position but you will find lots of support and help on this site. In my experience, you will probably have a mammogram, ultrasound and then if they feel they need to, you might have a biopsy. I would try and focus on the fact that there are lots of causes of changes in the breast - most of them benign. I tried to take the attitude that worrying didn’t change anything - which sometimes helped and sometimes didn’t. Feeling overwhelmed is normal. Fingers crossed for good news. Cress XXX

hi tracyjane
i am like you at the moment i went to the breast clinic on tuesday to have an ultrasound and then a mammagram and then a biopsy they said that my lymph nodes are showing sighns of infection i am worried like mad i have done the worst thing you can do and look around the internet iits been 3 days waiting for test results and it feel like 3 weeks

Thank you everyone for your support… I think the waiting is the worst. Plus I told my mother in law and she sent out emails to the whole family telling them I have cancer… that is not confirmed yet, and I am pray that is not the case. All the explaining to everyone isn’t really helping. I am trying really hard not to google everything… But I am so glad that I found this site. It is such a great place to vent.