cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Job

2 REPLIES 2
NAZ

Re: New Job

Thanks Lakeslover. So sorry to hear about your husband, very difficult for you of course, very emotional I can imagine, leaving you with lots to think about.

Your words are so wise and in way, I am glad the decision has been made for me. That job was cancer and surgery. Soon I will be free to move away, what ever I end up doing.

Take special care and keep in touch xxxx

Lakeslover

Re: New Job

Hi Naz,

Things have changed a bit for me since we last spoke. I stopped work at the beginning of November to care full time for my husband. He passed away at the end of December. Very difficult of course and I'm still feeling my way through.

So now I am wondering whether to return to work eventually, or whether to do something entirely different.

I know you have been wondering what to do for a while. Maybe now being forced to make a decision will be a good thing. All I would say is follow your instincts and heart, and remember if it turns out not to be the right choice for you it doesn't have to be for ever, you can change your mind.

NAZ

New Job

Well, the time has come to get job hunting. My contract ends on March 31st. I have been with the company for 3.;5 years (working from home) and am feeling very wobbly. The job and my cancer journey are joined together and I have no real idea what I want to do next. In many ways it is good because it means i can really move away from some bad associations, but it all feels scary.. meeting new colleagues, new work place etc etc .I lost lots of confidnence since BC that few people have really appreciated..

What do you all do for a living? Will I make the next step.. god I hope so!

Naz xxx