cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Member in Cambridge / Huntingdon area

Guest user
Not applicable

Re: New Member in Cambridge / Huntingdon area

Hi yes it definitely is a pain! I too had to have more tests after diagnosis and ended up having a second biopsy on both sides then a MRI and a CT scan. Luckily all was clear but the waiting and delays did me in. I suppose now with hindsight it wad a good thing that reassures you there's no more hidden problems, although the CT scan revealed ovarian cysts so not sure about that one!

Wishing you luck for today sending good vibes and hugs.

Ladies we seem to be growing in numbers so a meet up would be great.

Love Carolyn xxx

raechi

Thanks all. Its D day tomporrow. ALthought they want to scan me again. AS they not think they see something in the right boob too.
This cancer malarkey is a pain in the ASS!

Rae
x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Rachael

I'm in Peterborough - so only about 20 mins up the A1!
I'm now at the end of my treatment, but was dx age 30 two years ago - feel free to pm me and I'll happily give you my number to chat.

Take Care,

Carly x

GIJaneH

Rae - worry about chemo if/when you get there......

no point in using up valuable energy until you know... and I know that's easier said than done, but seriously, try to stay in "today" - today has enough problems of it's own! When you find yourself way ahead, gently bring your focus back to something tangible today...

Well done getting in to work, even if it was exhausting! happy belated birthday too....

hang on in there...
Jane

raechi

Thanks Laurie..i managed to get in to work today which was a bonus..although i am shattered now..i didnt realise quite how tired i would be - and thats before chemo!!

How are you doing today?

Rae
x

Guest user
Not applicable

Rae

Happy birthday and sorry it was such a rubbish day for you. Hold on to the fact that this time next year, all the chemo etc will be a distant memory.

Down days are absolutely allowed and feeling sorry for yourself sounds pretty normal to me at this stage. Don't beat yourself up about it.

I hope you and your partner can do something nice for your birthday this evening.

Big hugs

Laurie x

raechi

Thanks Laurie.. 🙂
I went for my MRI today to see how and where the cancer has spread if at all. I get my results on Friday.
I think i'm just having a down day..its my birthday..and although i am not isolated i feel it.

My poor other half - i love him to bits but have convinced myself he is off with some youngster and i am going to get left of the shelf all scarred and bald. I know that sounds like i am feeling sorry for myself..and i need to snap out of it - but i'm struggling today!

Rae
x

Guest user
Not applicable

Rae

Honestly it really isn't that bad. It's not easy but definitely doable!

There are quite a few threads in the chemo section which you can read through or let us know what you're having and we'll pool our resources to give you all the info you need!

Good to hear you're in a better place this week. Once you get going you'll be OK - honest.

Laurie x

raechi

Hi Jane,
Nice to hear from you too. Its so nice to see a positive story.
I think i have my head round it a tiny bit more than i did before. Last week was pure shock and lots of tears..
One thing i am really scared of is the chemo - is it really as bad as i am reading?
Rae

GIJaneH

Hi Raechi - I too also am in Hertfordshire... and I'm much further down the road, being post MX, post chem, post rads, and back at work i the land of NED (No Evidence of Disease) I had grade 2 ductal ca which had "significant" nodal spread.... and I'm here to tell the tale and hold hands and encourage if that's any help... PM me or post... whatever is best for you..... Jane

raechi

Hey Carolyn,
Nice to hear from you. I work in Hertfordshire actually.. 🙂
How are you feeling after the Op? REally sore or not too bad?
I have my Oncologist appointment through now - i'm seeing him 24th Feb so yes i think we will be starting chemo at the same time.. we can swap stories...
I wont be having surgery until i have had my chemo..so will see how that goes.
I'm not looking forward to having short hair though its taken me an age to grow mine!
I think i'm still in total and utter shock to be honest..i never thought at 36 i would have cancer - never in a million years...
But there we go - i guess we deal with it dont we..
And feel free to contact me too..we can be in this and fight this together!
Rachael

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello Racael

I'm about an hour away in Hertfordshire so feel free to message for chat and comparisons. I'm a little further along from you I have invasive lobular type 2. Had successful op on 16th Jan and a free boob lift to boot! Now about to start chemo on 1st March. Just remember ask everyone lots of questions as everyone is always willing to share and listen, whether it's questions or just rants.

Love Carolyn

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Rachel,

I'm near Kettering / Corby which isn't too far away.

I'm a "scary secondary BC" person (LOL) but am doing really well at the moment. Please feel free to PM me and I'll send you my number and/or email if you want to chat.

I know it's incredibly scary at the start but things do get better and you will find a way to get through this and hopefully come out the other side with all the BC stuff a distant memory.

Hugs

Laurie x

PS: Forgot to say - give the helpline a call - they are really fab and calming!

raechi

New Member in Cambridge / Huntingdon area

Hi All,
I'm Rachael, 36 and live near Huntingdon. I was diagnosed yesterday with a grade 2 invasive ductal carcinoma. I dont know the full staging yet - i have my MRI on Tuesday.
I'd love to find others in my area i can be positive with and share experiences.
Right now i'm scared, and confused. Holding it together... just...
But would love someone to talk to..
Thanks,
Rachael