360635posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted

Re: New Member

Hi..I'm new on here, have read the threads and just want to say how helpful it is to "talk" to all who have been through this! I found out Dec of 2013 I had invasive lobular carcinoma. It was found on a routine mammo and showed calcifications. Had a lumpectomy with no spread to lymph nodes and followed up with 6 weeks of radiation. I go for my mammogram in a couple of weeks and of course worry about it! Will be taking ibuprofen before I go, as my breast is still pretty tender and thickened. Thank God for mammograms even though we hate the sight of that machine!! Helps a lot to talk to you all about this, knowing we are on this same journey!
Highlighted

Thank you, I will keep you updated.Back to work today for meetings with my boss and HR. I have arranged to take a couple of days off after that to get my thoughts sorted. Plus I am going up to Newcastle tomorrow night to see my favourite musician. I expected that to be emotional when I booked it, as the friend who recently passed from BC and I used to go to all his gigs together. Going to be even more so now. I should get a lot of tears out of my system. Perhaps I ought to get Newcastle on flood alert! xx

Highlighted

Hi Rosemaryanne,  I was thinking of you yesterday and waiting for your update.  It sounds as though it has been caught  at an early stage and things are starting to move.  Keep updating your thread I would like to follow your progress. 

Highlighted

Could have been worse. Stage one Invasive Ductile cancer, 2 hot spots. I have to have an MRI to check if there is any linking between the two areas, target date for the op is 23rd Dec. I feel so much better for knowing and that it's being dealt with.

Highlighted

Fingers crossed for you xx
Highlighted

And here I go!  Waiting is almost over,

Highlighted

Thank you x
Highlighted

Thank you Rosemaryanne.  I hope you get good results too.  I'll be looking for an update on 18/19 Nov.

Best of luck

Highlighted

Fantastic! Really happy for you xx
Highlighted

Hi All

I got my results yesterday and I am all clear.  Have only to go back in 3 years for a routine screening.

I think I've been living on adreneline for the past two weeks now I am exhausted but ecstatic.  Thanks you all for being supportive.  This forum is great for help, especially when you know other people understand you and are going through or have gone through it.  Best wishes and the best of luck to you all.

Highlighted

Did you get your results? How are you? x
Highlighted

So, today I got my appointment letter for my results. It's dated 7th Nov, but the appointment isn't until 18th Nov. I find this utterly ridiculous. That's 11 days during which, presumably, my results will be known to the medical fraternity, but not to the person who has most need to know (me!). I'm going to call them in the morning to find out why. I'm fuming!

Highlighted

Hi Rosemary

Thanks for sharing with me.  it's exactly how I feel.  Feeling a bit 'wobbly' today but will get past it by the time everyone gets in.

I need to phone the breastscreening at 11.30 to check the results are in and if they are it's a 3pm appointment.  All will be reveiled.  The only close person I haven't told is my son.  He lives in Australia but will be home for Xmas.  Better till I see him face to face to break any bad news.  Thanks again.  Lesley (Ch0c0late)

Highlighted

I'm like you, waiting for results of the biopsies hopefully in this week. Also like you I told several colleagues, as I find it easier to talk about it with people who have a degree of detachment. I hated telling my kids. It made me really angry that I had to make my children cry. I have some great workmates, lots of dark humour, for example:"If you didn't want to go to the Xmas party, you could have just said no. There was no need to go to these extremes". I wanted those I have lots of contact with to be told so they would understand why I'm having emotional wobbles, also it prevents repeats of the situations like when I came back to work the day after the test, and I kept getting asked if I'd had a "nice day off". Currently my mindset is that if there is something sinister it's like a rotten tooth, rather than a death sentence, and I want it got rid of. Maybe silly, but it's keeping me sane while I wait.

Highlighted

Hi Belinda

Thanks for your reply. Hopefully mine will be like yours but scared to think too positive in case I get knocked for six. Only 6 days left to go to hear my fate.

Highlighted

Hi there

Like you I shared my experience with my colleagues from Day 1, talking about it helped keep me calm.

I know it's really hard but try and focus on the positve, ie that it has been found and that the treatment available is fantastic.

I also had no symptoms but a mammogram showed calcifications which turned out to be DCIS - non invasive.

I am now resting at home recovering from surgery.

Good luck with your results

xx

Highlighted

Hi Ch0c0late and welcome to the BCC forums where you will find support from your fellow users during this difficult and worrying time for you

In addition, our helpliners are on hand with further practical and emotional support for you on 0808 800 6000 and lines are open 9-5 during the week and 10-2 Saturdays so please feel free to call

Take care
Lucy BCC

Highlighted

Had a routine screening on 13th October.  Received a letter saying on 30th October to say it was inconclusive and I was required back on 1st Nov.  Got the courage up to tell my daughter and she came with me.  Had another mammogram then examined by a doctor (nothing could be felt), ultrasound - nothing shown.

She then wanted me to have a core biopsy while on the mammogram machine. At this point, may I say that the staff were terrific!. I felt no pain even with the local anesthetic.  Took about 8 samples and they also put in a marker.  I now have to wait until next Wednesday for the results. If it wasn't for the mammogram I would never have suspected anything.  No lumps, bumps etc.  The area of concern is at the back of the breast.  I am trying to be upfront with everyone and not hide anything.  My work colleagues need to know that I may have up and down days and I am getting support at my work.  Unfortunately, today seems to be a bit of a down day.  Feeling a bit emotional. As you can imagine or you have been through it a roller coaster hasn't got a look in.