Had a routine screening on 13th October.  Received a letter saying on 30th October to say it was inconclusive and I was required back on 1st Nov.  Got the courage up to tell my daughter and she came with me.  Had another mammogram then examined by a doctor (nothing could be felt), ultrasound - nothing shown.

She then wanted me to have a core biopsy while on the mammogram machine. At this point, may I say that the staff were terrific!. I felt no pain even with the local anesthetic.  Took about 8 samples and they also put in a marker.  I now have to wait until next Wednesday for the results. If it wasn’t for the mammogram I would never have suspected anything.  No lumps, bumps etc.  The area of concern is at the back of the breast.  I am trying to be upfront with everyone and not hide anything.  My work colleagues need to know that I may have up and down days and I am getting support at my work.  Unfortunately, today seems to be a bit of a down day.  Feeling a bit emotional. As you can imagine or you have been through it a roller coaster hasn’t got a look in.

Hi Ch0c0late and welcome to the BCC forums where you will find support from your fellow users during this difficult and worrying time for you

In addition, our helpliners are on hand with further practical and emotional support for you on 0808 800 6000 and lines are open 9-5 during the week and 10-2 Saturdays so please feel free to call

Take care
Lucy BCC

Hi there

Like you I shared my experience with my colleagues from Day 1, talking about it helped keep me calm.

I know it’s really hard but try and focus on the positve, ie that it has been found and that the treatment available is fantastic.

I also had no symptoms but a mammogram showed calcifications which turned out to be DCIS - non invasive.

I am now resting at home recovering from surgery.

Good luck with your results

xx

Hi All

I got my results yesterday and I am all clear.  Have only to go back in 3 years for a routine screening.

I think I’ve been living on adreneline for the past two weeks now I am exhausted but ecstatic.  Thanks you all for being supportive.  This forum is great for help, especially when you know other people understand you and are going through or have gone through it.  Best wishes and the best of luck to you all.

Thank you Rosemaryanne.  I hope you get good results too.  I’ll be looking for an update on 18/19 Nov.

Best of luck

Hi Rosemaryanne,  I was thinking of you yesterday and waiting for your update.  It sounds as though it has been caught  at an early stage and things are starting to move.  Keep updating your thread I would like to follow your progress.