Hi

I am new to this forum.

I am 8 month post operative left sided mastectomy with immediate reconstruction.

Just wanted to chat with people that might understand some of the feelings

Hi 2ss

Welcome to the forums, I’m sure other users will be along to support you soon.

In the meantime maybe you would like to talk things through with a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes

June, moderator

Hi 2ss

It’s been a while since I was in your situation, so just thought I’d try to give you some reassurance.

I had my left side mastectomy and sentinal lymph node surgery on December 12th 2012. No reconstruction. Chemotherapy (FEC-T) 5th February 2013 to 23rd May 2013. No radiotherapy as I have a lung condition so didn’t want it. Taking Anastrazole since June 2013 - no side effects. I had my second mammogram in December 2014 and second check up January this year. All clear, and apart from pre-existing health problems, I’m OK. No problems related to cancer, chemotherapy or the anti hormone treatment. 

I hope you aren’t feeling too bad, and that you stay healthy.

poemsgalore xx

Hi 2ss

I had a double mastectomy last October and also had immediate reconstruction. I thankfully didn’t need any further treatment, i.e Radio or Chemotherapy. I am now on Tamoxofin and don’t seem to have too many side effects.

I didn’t like my new boobs to start with, maybe because of the pain i was in. Getting used to them now abit more, still uncomfortable. Did you have implants?

I joined here because I thought I was the only one having these feelings, but I think it effects us all and it’s good to chat.

Take care

Love ditzy

I had a DIep flap reconstruction on the left 8 weeks ago. I had a long wait for the surgeons to get together but I didn’t fancy silicon or implant using back tissue. Today I was told that I would not need radiotherapy because full mastectomy with good margins and no cancerous nodes. Although on Letrozole, in a funny way I feel a bit adrift. I don’t know if you’ve had tattoos.
I’m not sure if I want to bother.