New To All Of This

Hi

Thought joining up here would help as I feel lost and alone at min.

Got diagnosed with grade 3 breast cancer 2 weeks ago with effected lymph nodes had CT and
MRI scans and not spread anywhere else.

Surgery arranged for 14th March then 7 months chemotherapy and radiotherapy

I am scared and frightened.

And advise would be great x

Hi Em
welcome to the site that no one wants to join or prob thought they ever would, I also have just been diagnosed with grade 3 invasive bc, lymphs unknown until monday, I have op then and more will be known, the ladies on here have been fab they have helped me so much over the last couple of weeks, i obviously cannot advise you on bc treatment etc as i am like you … New to this … but i am here if you just want a chat or to let off steam… this site will keep you sane im sure it certainly has me so far, great news that your scans etc where clear i dont get those until after op if lymps are affected so fingers x i dont need them …good vibes your way x

Hello Em,

I’m so sorry you’ve had to join the club that none of us want to be in. What you’re feeling is absolutely normal - you’ve just had one hell of a shock. But we’ve all been where you are and now that you’ve found this site, know that you are not alone.

It’s really good news that your team has got your scans done promptly and that they have come back clear. That should give you some peace of mind, at least. But of course, the wait for your op is going to be hard. Just try to breathe and deal with your treatment one step at a time. If you feel up to it, have a look at some of the relevant threads on say the surgery boards here so that you get some idea of what to expect. And post any questions or concerns you’ve got. You may also find the BCC Helpline or One-to-one support service helpful.

Hang in there and be good to yourself. (((Cyberhugs))) Angelfalls xx

Hi there
You are still in the early days of this upheaval to your life so its natural to feel as you do.
I think most people on here will tell you that where you are right now is very often the worst when you dont know whats in front of you.

Im over two yrs from diagnosis/surgery so it feels a bit like childbirth-you forget the pain in time.
I can honestly say that life has got back on track, as ive now had reconstruction done, so it feels ‘over’ to me.

Im sure there will be others along who will give you more advice, but be assured, feeling frightened and scared is completely understandable but the love and support from them is whats got me thru.
Best wishes
Cathie xx

Hi Em and welcome to the BCC forums

In addition to the support and information from your fellow users please feel free to call our helpline, the lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 9-2 Sat on 0808 800 6000

I am posting a link to.t further information and support ideas from BCC which I hope you will find helpful:

breastcancercare.org.uk/diagnosis

Best wishes
Lucy

Hi Emwilson74
I can really understand how you feel so lost and alone at the moment. The ladies on here are always there for you, to support and understand. I’m only sorry I didn’t join when I was first diagnosed, but you have - I would have found them invaluable! I was diagnosed 2 yrs in March, also grade 3 with lymph nodes affected. The surgery was nowhere near a bad as I expected - and I was a real coward where hospitals were concerned, never having been there before! The chemo wasn’t as bad as I’d imagined either. Time is given between sessions to recover somewhat for the next, so it’s not that unbearable. I had radiotherapy & Herceptin for a year. It feels a long road ahead at the start, but just concentrate on getting through the next hospital visit and next bit of treatment, don’t look too far ahead or it can be overwhelming. You will get through all this! Time soon passes and you’ll look back after coming through the other side. I know to my cost that the mind has a tendancy to run riot.
Sending you a comfort hug
Ami xx