Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New and feeling lost

7 REPLIES 7
Magical_Moon

Re: New and feeling lost

Anita,
I am sorry to hear that you are feeling very scared at the moment. It is very overwhelming in the first few days because you are still trying to come to terms with the shocking news.
I was overwhelmed and frightened at first but can honestly say that is does become easier as you take one day at a time. Try not to look too far into the future and worry about 'what if's. If you take tiny steps it is much more manageable.
There are lots of ladies on here that want to support each other so you have done the right thing coming to the Forum.
I wish you lots of good wishes and positivity, Anita.
Take care of yourself and take one day at a time.
Peace and Positivity,
M x
Magical_Moon

Hello Sue,
You have made me feel so happy today when I read your latest post!!!
I remember the 'Bull in the China Shop' when you were feeling very scared and vulnerable.
It is wonderful to read that you are now advising and advocating to other ladies on the Forum that it is important to be positive because it really does help you get through the cancer experience.
Trying to be positive is a challenge sometimes but from my own experience finding a positive to hold onto when I am starting to feel low has brought me to a more manageable place.
I live on my own so do not have the personal support of a loved one when I get home from the hospital to raise my spirits. So for me, it is important that I can hold onto the practice of 'mindfulness' and 'positivity'. Once you let negative thoughts multiply in your mind, the cancer journey becomes very frightening.
I had my 10th radiotherapy treatment yesterday and felt very tired and upset when I got home to an empty house. I sat for awhile and visualised all my lovely radiographers smiling and helping me during my treatment. Plus, recalled all the kind people I have met at the hospital since being first diagnosed.
It reminded me how much my cancer journey has been a positive experience compared to one of 'doom and gloom' which I feared at the outset.
I, too, have found the medical side of things fascinating. When the kind radiographer at my simulation set up let me see the scans on her computer screen, I was fascinated looking 'inside' myself.
Modern medicine and technology is fantastic and breast cancer research, in particular, has made huge advances to improve survival.
As I said at the beginning, reading your positive post today has really cheered me up because I felt so sorry for the distressed person SJB who first posted on The Forum.
I am a private person in many respects but this Forum has been a great help for sharing experiences and supporting other ladies.
Wishing you all the very best Sue.
Peace and Positivity,
M
SJB

Hello, Anita. I wasn't a member here when you first posted.

I'm also 47. It sounds like you're in good hands. They know what they're doing.

I have a large tumour in my left breast, and it has spread to my lymph nodes. But with me, they are going straight into chemo, which I'm due to start next week or the week after. Not sure if it'll be before or after Christmas, but looking more like it'll be before!

I have my CT scan today, at 1.15.

If you need someone to share your experience with, I'm always happy to help. I was so scared before the diagnosis. in fact i found this forum and came on here like a bull in a china shop, upsetting everyone. i was so low. But now, I have put my faith in modern medicine, and am treating it as a learning experience. It's fascinating.

The important thing is to be positive, as it makes the whole experience so much easier to handle. 

Sue x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Marie, sorry I haven't replied sooner I haven't been on here. Hope your op went well and your not to sore now. They told me they couldn't tell about my lymph nodes before my op. They found another three positive the rest were clear. So now started my chemo have second lot on Tuesday. I'm still a bit sore were my tubes were and I now have another infection under my arm. But I must say I'm feeling ok and feeling as unwell as I thought I would be.
If you ever need to talk I would be happy too.
Best wishes
Anita
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi, hope you are completely recovered from having the lymph nodes removed and the bone & body scans came back negative.  

It must have been difficult for you to go back for another surgery.

Very brave but you just have to do it.

Did they say that your lymph nodes were clear prior to the Mastectomy?

I have been diagnosed with the same and on Monday having a mastectomy and reconstruction do you have any advice and how long did it take to heal? 

My very best wishes

Marie-Francoise  Smiley Happy

Janet_BCC

Dear Pig-Lady

I hope you are recovering well from your further surgery.  You may find more people will see your post if you also post in other sections of the forum, such as "Going through treatment" or "Waiting for results".  I think more people look in those threads,- this forum layout is still quite new and people aren't used to it.

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Jo_BCC

Hi pig-lady

Welcome to the BCC discussion forums, you've come to the right place for some good, honest support from the many informed users of this site.  While you are waiting for replies if you would like to talk to someone in confidence then our helpline team are just a free phone call away.  0808 800 6000 open weekdays 9-5 and Sat 10-2

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

Guest user
Not applicable

New and feeling lost

Hi,
it all started beginning of August I noticed an indentation on my breast, didn't know what it could be looked on goggle said cancer... so got it checked by my doctor. Doctor couldn't find any lump but referred me just to be on the safe side. The mammogram showed up a shadow scan and biopsy came back as having two types of cancer. They thought it best to have a mastectomy and reconstruction at the same time. Was feeling very shocked at all this information kept thinking why now I'm only 47 this shouldn't be happening yet. I had op on 3rd oct. all seemed ok, was feeling positive and looking forward to getting back to work. Had my results last week they found three, one lobular and two ductal which they got with room to spare. The shock was my nodes had cancer now going back in on Thursday for the rest to be removed. Got to have bone scan and body scans feeling very very scared now!!