New and not sure what i have

Hi all im Carrie im 27yo married with 2 children, my nipple started bleeding almost a month ago i have been to hospital they did scans and i have been told i need a microdochectomy, im booked in for a op on the 8th January they have told me i have a few ducts blocked up and they have warned me they could take all 12 ducts out, i have also been referred to birmingham breast hospital as i have a long family history of cancer, they have given me info packs but im still not sure whats going on the hospital have not been great tbh and now im just feeling confussed as to whats going on and what i have, has anyone else been thru this kind of situation?? i have googled ect and im getting different things come up, please help any info good or bad will be a great help,

Many Thanks Carrie

Dear Carrie

Welcome to the forum where I’m sure you’ll get lots of support from other members.

You could also give our Helpline a call to talk things over. They’ll be able to offer you lots of information and support. They are open from 10-2 tomorrow and from 9-5 on weekdays. The number is 0808 800 6000. Calls are free and confidential.

Take care

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Hi Carrie, I’ve just seen your post. I’m hoping that you have found some more support on here since December in the other threads on this site. I’m so sorry you’re going through all this, it is undeniably horrid. I hope your op has gone well and you are happy (well, relatively!) with your treatment plan. If you’ve not found any other support do PM me. There are some other really good support services around. There’s a facebook group for younger women, you might have found, as well as other more local groups depending where you are. Hope you are coping as well as can be x

Hi Carrie,
I am 30yo, married with 2 children also
I discovered my left nipple was bleeding last september. I was sent to the breast clinic and had an ultrasound, they couldnt find which duct the bleeding was coming from so I had them all removed from the left breast on 22nd Feb, but I wont get my results back until 15th March
The wait is driving me insane!!
How are you getting on now
Hope you are ok
Saz x