Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New and very worried ( Wales)

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: New and very worried ( Wales)

Hi Lisa,
As others have said it is 2 weeks in England, I go for biopsies this week on a lymph node under my arm and a lump in my breast following scans last week. They found something in my axillary lymph node, then asked me if i had any breast lumps when they checked my breast a small mass was found and I have been a slight wreck since. I with others can understand how you feel, I would go back or ring the clinic To get an appointment sooner, or push with your GP. Being anxious like that is terrible for you. My husband is the same, he in in the mind set that this was found by accident (I went to the surgeon following referral for a swollen node in my groin, the surgeon checked every node and found the one under my arm to be abnormal size) so he thinks that because they have found lumps and bumps somewhere else it is okay, i am glad that he is positive though, he is helping to keep me grounded. Although I couldn't wrap my head around what he was trying to say!!
Please go back to your Gp. I know how worked up I have been at times. Take care and I hope you can get in sooner. Sorry for my long babble, I can't sleep and got carried away.
Xoxoxoxoxox
Highlighted

Hi Lisa,
So sorry you're having this worry and everything seems to be taking so long. Not sure where you are in wales but I live in South Wales and when I was referrred by my GP I had my appointment for a scan through really quickly. I had a scan just over 2 weeks after my GP appt and the results a week later. I was really surprised by how quick it all was especially as the GP hadn't marked it as urgent - but was told by the hospital that they were having a quiet period so maybe I was just lucky. I'd get on the phone to the Breast Clinic tomorrow if I were you and see if your appointment can be brought forward - tell them how worried you are , they may be able to squeeze you in and at least you'll know that you've tried. xx
Highlighted

hi lisa i totally understand how your feeling , im in the same situation as you, i also have a swelling/lump of 3cm under my arm, my dr has requested an urgent ultra sound but im still waiting. i am a single mother of 4 boys - who are all wondering whether their mam has lost the plot , i thought i was being strong but at 15, 14, 12 and 10 theyve noticed im not myself
Highlighted

I live in north wales and my sister-in-law also she was seen within the 2weeks from seeing her gp I would go back to your gp and see if they can see about getting you in sooner
Highlighted

Hello Lisa 13
Sorry to hear you are in such turmoil. Have you thought about either ringing your GP and seeing if she could contact the breast clinic on your behalf, or maybe phoning the breast clinic yourself to see if they could see you sooner? It's worth a try. You're right that in England, urgent referrals are seen within 2 weeks, but I'm not sure of the protocol in Scotland and Wales.
Good luck with this, and all the best,

Leigh x

Highlighted

Hello Lisa
Bumping this to the top for you so one of the wonderful more knowledgeable ladies can offer you some reassurance
Hang in there

Funki x
Highlighted

New and very worried ( Wales)

hello everyone, I've Been reading your helpful posts for almost 2 weeks now and was hoping to cope with out posting but today I'm having a bit of a melt down. it started on Monday the 19th of nov when I found a lump to me seems quite large in my right breast so did the grown up thing and went to my gp on Wednesday, she could feel the lump too and said she would send a urgent referral to breast clinic for me, so I've been trying to keep my mind off it and only reading this website because I don't want to scare my self any more, we'll today my appointment letter finally arrived 1st December and my appointment is not until 2 nd of January ( also my 40th birthday )this is the point I lost it. I've been trying to hold it toget her thinking I would know one way or another soon but now I can't stop crying and my husband in work and I am trying to hide it from my girls 13 and 15 because they would worry more than me. but I just don't know how I'm going to get through christmas feeling like this . I think the fact I'm in Wales may have made a difference to the appointment time, I thought it was 2 weeks in England but didn't think it would be such a differance here 43 days since I've seen my gp. Sorry for the long ramble but I just don't know what to do I've only told my husband who is the eternal optimist so thinks it will be fine and I'm worrying for nothing and the time will fly by but at the mo it all feels very different to me
lisa x