New...and would welcome an opinion

Hi…I am new to this and don’t have anyone I know who has been through this.
I am 52 and I had my 3rd routine mammogram at the beginning of August, received call back letter last Wednesday to be seen for more tests this Monday. The radiologists said I was called back because of changes in my left breast that they had concerns about. Had the magnified mammogram done then saw Dr who said I had calcifications that they were concerned about. This followed by exam and ultrasound. Nothing felt and nothing showed on ultrasound but she said it was deep so I then had vacuum assisted biopsies taken and a marker left. Afterwards she said they are suspicious and she was concerned about them. I was then introduced to ‘my’ breast Care nurse who said first off that what I had was treatable. Are they preparing me for it likely to be cancerous? Or am I reading too much into it?

Hi mamadeacs

Sorry you find yourself here, i can imagine you are understandable very anxious at the moment, and there are lots of ladies here to support you through this time, my understanding of calficications  is they are changes of cells from your previous mammograms and they need to be looked at, calcium deposits in the breast are quite common as a lady gets older, my mother had the same thing, most turn out to be benign, and if not it is very treatable, please try not to worry.

You are in the best hands and so good your being checked out.

Thankgod for routine mammograms im certainley glad i went to mine

Debbie x

Thanks Debbie…I don’t feel outwardly stressed about it but subconsciously I expect I am. I haven’t stopped reading the last few days, left Google to do one and will stick to the forum. My mum had the exact same thing at the same age, couple of biopsies both came back negative but dr was sure it was cancerous so did a lumpectomy followed 3 weeks later by a mastectomy. You are so right about the routine mammo’s as there is nothing to feel. I had a gynae op two weeks ago so stuck at home on my own all day at the moment leaving me too long to read stuff.
Nikki x

Mamadeacs

Hello and welcome to the forum where you will find lots of help and support from the ladies on here.

Firsty there are lots of benign breast conditions and it is only when the results of the biopsies are back that they can be certain whether it is cancer or not.  If and it is a big IF it does turn out to be cancer, it is true that it is very treatable.

this is the worst time waiting for the result and it pushes our anxiety levels out out the roof. Have they given you a date for your results yet?

Come on here whenever you need to and we will get you through this

Sending you a hug

Helena xxx

Hi Helena…thank you for the welcome. Results day is next Wednesday morning eek! I’m looking forward to getting to know some ladies on here.
Nikki xx

Thank you Helena :slight_smile: tough pants most welcome!
Nx