cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New diagnoses

32 REPLIES 32
Kat2000

Re: New diagnoses

Thank you Ann:) I am too far from your help line as I am in Austalia:) We might have similar forums and help, I just found this one helpful when I was researching about mirena:)
Kat2000

You are right about not fun clubs Michelle:))
Lucky you had your father. My father was away all the time because of work and then he started new family:)
Xx
Mygel2

Hi everyone this bright and shiny evening. On nightshift so thought I'd pop in and say hi. Kat and Lili it's seems we are members of 2 clubs, sadly neither of them fun clubs!

I was brought up by my Dad Kat and then a short time later I got me a Step-Mum who luckily wasn't one of the wicked witch types, lol.

Keep well ladies

Michele xxx

ann-m
Community Champion

...just to add Kat, if you need to talk things through, then do ring the helpline above.
x
ann-m
Community Champion

Hi Kat,
So sorry to hear about your mum & please don't be paranoid about your arm, just get any support you need & let your team know about anything that's worrying you.
do take care & hugs
ann x
Kat2000

Thank you Sandra! I am going to physio next Thursday.

Another question - do you wear the bracelet about the lymphoedema alert? I probably should look at the pharmacy... I feel so scared now about cuts on my arm and I'm not sure if I should be so paranoid or not.

Big hug,

Kat

Kat2000

Yes Liz, certainly it's strange suddenly to meet people with the same past and the same present!! Like I said to Michelle we are joining the club:))

It is a shame re your hormon negatuve but you have a plan:) And it's not like we are the first ones to face it.

My tumour was eostrogen positive and progesteron negative. So I probably will be on hormon therapy for long time. Next Thursday I'm going to my surgeon and she will tell me results from lymph nodes and will send me to oncologist. On the same day I go to physio. 

Take care and hugs!

Kat

Kat2000

Hi Migel, it seems we are joining the club here with simila situations in life! 🙂 So who brought you up? I was brought by my aunty, the younger sister of my mum. And who knows what my mum would die from if she lived full life. Unfortunately she suicided.

I am scared to cry because I think I won't be able to stop:))

I try to distruct myself - do some graphic designs or draw/paint:)

Kat

SueW

Hi Lillibet

Op not til 8th August (i am having holiday first) I have good days and bad days as everyone does but i can truly say that you are all a big help. xx thank you for asking

Please do all keep us informed of your successes xx

SandraSussex

Hi Kat

I had cording after axillary clearance and after 2 physio sessions it's a lot better! It is quite common!

Sandra x
lilibet

Wow how weird and great (if you can say that) is that. Three of us with same thing, albeit at different stages who lost mums at the age of 10. So lovely to meet you both. Kat I hope that you arm soon feels better. I have read about the cording bit, and it does seem as though it is painful. All my hugs to you for that.

Michelle, hello xxx. Like you if I had still been at the hospital I would have had a sneaky look at my results. Lol. 

But bugger, bugger, bugger, went to the clinic yesterday and found out that my lump is  non hormone receptive ( I think that is what the consultant said), it is the one where the tablets won't work, so my new plan is lumpectomy, chemo and radiotherapy. Was hoping to try and avoid the chemo, but hey ho it was not to be.

Never mind , my daughter said she would come wig shopping with me !!

Purple hair here I come !!! (Hubby says he won't walk on the same side of the road from me if I do lol!!)

Sue W how are you? Where are you up to now? Do you know your plan of action?

We will all have to stick together, what do you all say. Big hugs to you all. I always say the hugs mean a lot and like smiles they are free.

Take care all of you xxxx

Mygel2

Kat2000 ...... OMG how bizarre.  My Mum died aged 41, uterine cancer, not breast, and I was also 10 years old at the time, that is freaky.  Just got my diagnosis on Wednesday although I've known it was breast cancer since Sunday (I work at the hospital and had sneaked a peak at the results).  Sounds like you're a few weeks down this path.  I hope you get some relief from your arm problems.  Not everyone can cry easily but sometimes it can help to expel some of the emotional turmoil, cathartic as they say.

Michele xxx

Kat2000

Hi Liz, 

thank you for response!! First I looked again at the forum and thought that my message was just read and passed as of course most of us here are having a hard time... But eventually I found my post and yours above!:)) My mother died when she was 41 but not from breast cancer. I was 10 as well. What a coincidence...

Re this forum - I'm glad I found it as I can see how common our problem is and that I'm not alone.

At the moment it's day 7 after axillary clearance. My arm feels annoying especially at the back and along it. Yesterday I said about it to my breast care nurse and she said it's rare condition called something like cording. She said she will organise the physio for me next week...

Emotionally - I never cry, but sometimes I'm feeling so hopeless. I need to feel the other way of course. Distraction helps:)))

All the best,

Kat

SueW

Hi ladies just popping by to say hi x couldn't message earlier as been at work hope you are all as well as you can be keep strong girls we got this xxxx
lilibet

Sorry about the disjointed comment but my phone has never been the same since it got dropped in the dogs water bowl about three weeks ago. Lol xxx
lilibet

Hi Kat, who knows why anything happens? What a shock on your birthday though. I had a good idea what mine was when I felt it as it was something I had dreaded all my life. My mother died at 33 (I was 10) with breast cancer and my grandmother also had it but later on in life. It has just gone down the female line. It was still a shock though, as I found it when taking my grandchildren swimming. My world came crashing down in the inside but oitwardly I couldn't show it.
But after saying all that like you and SueW we will kick this 'thing' in touch , remain strong and 'skip down the other side' as ladybowler said.
I have found that just reading threads on here has helped me very much.
Yes we will all be strong , kick a55 as SueW said and 'skip down the other side' as ladybowler said. So big hugs to each and everyone on here. I now know I am not alone , as I felt so alone when I was told. I know the professionals are there but to 'meet' here has really helped me. So big Hugs to everyone on here and thank you for being here.
So for going on but I do feel emotional today. I have just listened to a song that a friend shared and have managed to have that much needed cry.
BIG HUGS
Liz xx

Whe
Kat2000

Hi all,

I was diagnosed in April this year on my birthday (ha! - "nice" birthday present:(). It was just a routine mammogram and they picked up a small 9mm lump in my left breast. I had lumpectomy on 25th May and then the biopsy results showed 3mm lump in sentinel lymph node. So at the moment I am forth day after axillary clearance. Trying to get to terms with different condition of the arm:( Still I don't understand why all of it is happenning to me - we live a healthy lifestyle, eating lots of fruit and vegies, don't smoke, don't drink much, do some exercises during a week. My grandmother on my farther's side died from cancer, but noone knows what sort. It's all pretty shocking...

But together we might win, what do you think?:)

Huggs to all and best wishes,

Katerina

Jencat

Just wondered how you all are and sending a hug xx

SueW

I understand totally where you are coming from I feel as if I am in a bubble but still feel surprisingly okay just hope this continues. I have actually found that when I have shared with people they have cried and I haven't was beginning to feel a little bit abnormal so it's a relief to know others are remaining positive too x just hope if/when I get down day it don't hit too hard xx
lilibet

Jencat, I still feel a bit in the clouds, but feel that I am among friends on here. I also have two good friends that are there for me, even though I have had to be strong for them initially!!! I have a further appointment next Thursday to be told what type the tumour is, and exactly what treatment they are going to do for me. Yes I do feel quite positive at the moment, but I suppose it will come to days where I don't feel as positive.

Here at Oldham we have a newly opened Maggie's centre that I am going to use as well. Take care xxxx

Jencat

Lilibet, thank you very much for your nice comments 🙂 How are you today? xx

Basia-how are you feeling now that it's two weeks since you had your op? xx

Basia

Hello lillibet. Your first post was so similar to mine. I think many of us try and be strong for those around us and the shock of diagnosis feels very surreal.

I am a little ahead of you, having had a lumpectomy and sentinal lymph nodes removed on the 6th June. I've found this forum a big help although I haven't posted on here myself much.  You won't feel positive every day, but that's ok, we're allowed bad days.  I think it's taken until now to sink in for me and I'm feeling calmer now I've got my results strangely.

One day at a time x

lilibet

Thank you for so many positive comments. I don't feel alone any more. SueW and Jencat I feel as though I know you, we will get through and as ladybowler say skip down the other side. Good luck to everyone on the forum. I will definitely be plunging in and out xxxoo
Jencat

Yes, definitely! 🙂 x  My bc nurse was very upbeat and said they're looking to cure, not treat me, so I'm sure it will be the same for you too x

I'm trying not to think too much about the biopsies next week, I'm still bruised from the ones three weeks ago! xx

ladybowler
Community Champion

lillbet

And you will climb it and skip down the road on the other side.

This forum has been a godsend to me, I was diagnosed as a result of a routine mammo, had op, clear margins and had radiotherapy which i finished in Jan this year.  I am on tamoxifen for 5 years a small price to pay for.  I am back at work, living my life normally and playig lawn green bowls again, which I have to say in Sept last year when I was diagnosed it didnt seem possible that I would be doing all that again.

This is a wonderful safe place where we can be ourselves, which you will see from the posts of the going through treatment thread.  We are always here for you

Helena xxx

SueW

This is totally doable girls x lets kick some a55 xx
Jencat

Hi Liliput,

I was also diagnosed last week with early bc-I've got to have a lumpectomy and possibly radiotherapy. The biopsy came back clear, but my lump is quite large for those results (apparently it only happens in about 10% of cases. Trust me to be different!) so I've got to have another biopsy next week so they can double check.

Thinking of you xx

lilibet

Hi SueW, it would be good to compare notes. I definitely think we can beat this together, good luck to you also, hugs xx

ann-m
Community Champion

... and there is every reason to look on the postive side Lilibet
x
SueW

I am in a very similar situation as was diagnosed yesterday and my treatment will be lumpectomy and radio too and at the moment like you I am unsure how I feel except that I am actually relieved to know what I am facing The waiting and uncertainty was the worse and am sure we can beat this as so many before us have x good luck to you xxx
lilibet

Thanks Anne, it was a quick diagnosis, three weeks in total from first feeling the lump to now. Just don't know what to feel at present, but am still looking on the positive side.xx
ann-m
Community Champion

hi lilibet,
Welcome to the forum where there is loads of support from us all here who are going through it now or out the other side.
The early days of diagnosis are a shock, so we've all been where you are now, it is somewhat surreal & it is ok to have a bad day, we've all had them at some point.
From what you say, it sounds like you've got an early diagnosis & take your cue from your consultant. treatment is excellent now with most us recovering & getting on with our lives.
Do come & chat or vent whenever you need to.
hugs
ann x
lilibet

New diagnoses

Hi I have just been diagnosed this afternoon. I have read a few of the threads and have decided to have a go. I am hopeless with things like this and Facebook, so please bear with me sorry.
My head doesn't belong to me at present, but I am trying to be positive. I am waiting for further tests on my biopsy but am looking at a lumpectomy and radiotherapy.
I feel as though I should be strong for everyone, as I normally am , but I suppose there will come a day when I am not able to be. It is nice to be able the put thoughts down and know that someone out there gets what I mean. I do feel positive and I have a great respect for the consultant whom I met today for the first time. She was very nice and understanding. Heres to the next hill to climb xx