New here and scared

Hello everyone. My name is melissa and I am 37 years old. I am the mother to 3 beautiful little girls and have an amazing husband. i went to the dr last week after finding a lump on my breast. To my surprise she felt that one and 3 others. I almost passed out then she said I ahd to get an ultrasound and mamogram. I am currently nursing but have no signs of mastitis. I have not noticed any physical changes in my breast. the breast is sore. The dr said she did not feel one distinct nodule but noted that she found 4 sub centimeter lumps. They were in a pair as in 2 were neat two each other as were the other 2. I am so, so scared. i know that if it is cancer it is probably bad bc they can be felt and casuing pain right? I have been crying so hard ever since i went to the dr. I go for the ultrasound Dec 29th. I am hoping and praying that they are just cysts. I have bad anxiety in general so I feel like I am hanging on by a thread.

My ultrasound and mamo came back clear except for a small lump in my underarm that i found on Christmas Eve. I was told that it appeared ‘cystic and fluid filled’ and that since I was nursing it could also be a clogged milk duct. I was told to come back in 3 months for a recheck but I am seeking a second opinion. Anyone else go through something similar?

Dear JLEmom

I am sorry you haven’t had any replies to your posts.  I hope by now you have managed to arrange for a second opinion.

You might find it helpful to give our Helpline a call to talk things over.  They will be able to offer you practical information and emotional support.  The opening times are 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays.  The number is 0808 800 6000

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Hi JLemom. I don’t know if this helps but when my oldest was about two months I remember feeling very hard lump. I mentioned to doc and she and me agreed was probably blocked due to milk. Within two of three weeks had disappeared… If they are still there maybe try a warm compress to help dissolve? X