New here worried about a lump

Hi I found a lump two weeks ago this monday. I got an appointment for Tues past with my GP and she is referring me to the breast clinic she said I should be seen within two weeks. I am 54 years old. The lump is on the outside of my left breast and there is an indentation below it. When I put these symptoms into a search engine it points to breast cancer. I am trying to be positive and tell myself that it probably isnt but sometimes I feel what can only be described as cold fear clutching at me. My husband wont discuss the possibility that it could be cancer, he cant even say the word.

Hi Maggie281

Welcome to the BCC discussion forums where I am sure you will get lots of good, honest support from the many informed users of this site. White you are waiting for replies I have put for you below the link to one of BCC’s publications you might find helpful to read before your hospital appointment. As well as these forums, BCC have a dedicated freefone helpline service were the staff are here to support you and offer a confidential listening ear, lines are open Mon-Fri 9-5 and Sat 10-2, 0808 800 6000.

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/worried-about-breast-cancer/referral-breast-clinic-bcc70

Take care,

Jo, Facilitator

I need some support while waiting to be seen

I’m sorry to see you’re sitting on the bench it’s a scary place to be it’s no good me telling you not to worry because you will that’s why you’re here best place to come with any concerns steer clear of the Internet there’s alot of out of date and incorrect information on it, being where you are at the moment is awful as all the ladies on here will testify and you probably feel out of control believe me you will feel better when you know what you are dealing with and you have a treatment plan in place should you need it unfortunately it’s very much a waiting game try to put it to the back of your mind and fill the time with your favourite things spoil yourself I hope it’s all goes well for you sending hugs and I hope this helpsxx

Waiting and now knowing makes for an unbearable situation. This is the place to come and voice your fears. Nothing you say will ever sound trivial and everyone knows EXACTLY what it feels like to be in your position. I agree with Looby’s comments and add my hugs too. Keep us informed, Cress XXX

thank you so much am trying to keep busy heading out with little grandsons now. am not too bad when in work but night times are hard. have such a bad feeling about this feel sick when think about it just wish had my appointment hopefully this week x

still waiting for apt every day feels like a week not sleeping!

Hi Maggie

I am so sorry that you have found your way here to the forum however, you are in the best place for support. I am 42 and was recently diagnosed in April. I am now into June and I had my fist chemo session last week.

The waiting is the most horrible time - We all know, because we’ve all been there. As you say, during the day is perfect because you are contstantly on the go, but nights are the worst when you are left with your own thoughts. I watched a lot of television and had chats with my hubby to try and take my mind off it.

With regards to your appointment, it usually take around 2 weeks after you’ve been to your GP before your next appointment however, each hospital trust differs.

Good luck and keep in touch
Martha xxx