cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New - inflammatory BC sufferer

6 REPLIES 6
AJfan

Re: New - inflammatory BC sufferer

Hi I was diagnosed with IBC last June, and have gone through chemo, mastectomy and radiotherapy treatment. I have herceptin every 3 weeks until September. I am 56 years old. Please ask me if there is anything you think I can help with. although the treatment is hard, there is light at the end of the tunnel, and I am now starting to get my life back again after a constant round of treatments and hospital visits. The best of luck with your treatment.

roo50

I rarely visit this site now as I belong to a very supportive group on Facebook called Uk Inflammatory Breast Cancer Network. It's a wonderful group of women. We're all in the same boat and everyone is very supportive. If you use FB, check it out. I've completed treatment and have a diagnosis of No Evidence of Disease (NED) since January 2014. I'm on Herceptin and Letrazole. Hope your treatment is going well.
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi roo50 I've just checked into the new form & have read your post. I was diagnosed with IBC in April 2008 at the age of 40. Although I've been left with other health problems I'm doing well & have regular checks with my surgeon & oncologist. If there's anything I can help you with please don't hesitate to ask as information on IBC can be limited & by talking to other ladies who have been diagnosed really can help. Hope you're doing well.
bluebayou

I have posted you but would like to say I was 67 and never knew there was this 2% of women that get IBC..I think it should be out there in the media more!!!!
bluebayou

I was dx Feb2012 with IBC......come back if  you wanna ask anything..be glad to help anyway I can 🙂 hugz.

bluebayou

Roo50....just seen your post.. I was dx last Feb2012 with IBC......how are you doing????
Come back to me is you wish.....would love to hear from you and how you have been doing..xx
roo50

New - inflammatory BC sufferer

I am a new member who is going through treatment. I have posted on the IBC forum and would welcome contact with other IBC sufferers.
I am 62years old, recently retired with a busy and active lifestyle. I thought of myself as fit and healthy for my age so the diagnosis came as a bolt out of the blue.
I thought of myself as breast aware and have attended all my screenings. However until my diagnosis, I had never heard of inflammatory breat cancer.
I am undergoing treatment at the QE hospital in Gateshead.