cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New lump or scar tissue

11 REPLIES 11
samos

Re: New lump or scar tissue

Really good news that your scan was clear Meercat. Hope you get a date soon for surgery because the sooner treatment starts, the sooner it finishes!
Sue x

ChristineP

Hi meerkat,
good to hear your scan was clear. That must have been a relief. Wishing your the very best with your surgery and chemo.
I did not have a recurrence, but had a second new primary on the other side, found within 5 months of finishing first lot of treatment (and within ten months of finishing chemo). It was rough going through things again, Emotionally and physically. But at least the second time I knew a little more what to expect, and I knew staff team treating me, and that did help.
Its just rotten luck isn't it.
i hope your new treatment will go well for you. Wishing you lots of strength to deal with what lies ahead.
christine

Guest user
Not applicable

thank you all, I had ct scan Monday to check for secondaries, normal procedure for a recurrence, and got my results yesterday. Fortunately the scan was clear, so now it's mastectomy, hopefully before Christmas, followed by more chemo, not something I'm relishing!!!

would be good to hear of others that have had recurrences so soon after their initial dx.
samos

Oh Meercat, so sorry to read this. Sending you a hug, and hope you are 'doing ok'. Xx

Lulu34

Meerkat. Im really sorry to hear that. sending positive vibes for a good outcome xxx
catseye

Hi Meerkat,
Just read your post and I wanted to to send you a hug and "virtual" support.
XX
Guest user
Not applicable

Found out today that my cancer has returned x
Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks lulu, have an appt this coming Friday xx
Lulu34

most people getting rads dont have scans throughout the treatment.... but i it would be unusual to get a recurrence so soon so im glad your BCN is organising an appt to get it checked out.

big hugs x
Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks for your response KevinJ, yes I'm sure they would have spotted something untowarD and I'm just being paranoid, anyhow have checked in with my BCN and told her I think it's scar tissue but she is makin me an appt. to get it checked, probably to put my mind at rest. Xx
kevinj

When my wife had her Rads 15 over three weeks she was given a scan over the area where the tumour was, and subsequently every week they did another scan they said it was to check the correct area was receiving the treatment,Marg asked them once if you saw anything on the scan would you tell the ONC they said of course it's not for that but if we saw something dodgy we obviously would report it, the point I am trying to make is that if you have just finished your RADS I am sure the radiographer would have spotted anything untoward.but as I say to my good lady if you are worried get it checked

Kevin

Guest user
Not applicable

New lump or scar tissue

I have a lump in The same breast as my original one, initially I put it down to scar tissue - a. Because even though it isn't anywhere near my actual scar but as there was rejigging of fatmuscle when lumpectomy done.... And b because still having rads which I finished a week ago. But now worried it could be a recurrence. is it possible to get a recurrence this soon??