cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New lump - support please

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted

Re: New lump - support please

oh dolphin thats fab.... its so lovely to get some good news sweetie.... enjoy that choccie cake!
Highlighted

Strange the effect these things have on you - first thing i thought of was making a chocolate cake

Highlighted

YIPEEEE! Fantastic news dolphin! 🙂 Thanks for sharing. It will give hope to others in a similar frightening situation. I hope you are going to celebrate in style. Here's some chocolate pear cake to start you off! ▓ and a glass of your favourite tipple \-/ Enjoy!
Highlighted

just back from clinic - apparently what i could feel was normal lumpy breast tissue. Mammogramm no changes fron last year
Phew!!!!!!!!

Highlighted

hi dolphin

sorry your back in the waiting room again.... you wouldnt neccessary need chemo even if it does prove to be cancer.... often what they will do is if you had a wle before is do a mastectomy if you get a recurrence, but chemo would only be required if the new tumour required it... like being a high grade or stage.

i have two friends who had recurrence in the same breast... one had an mx and then got a recurrence so had wle and rads.... the other had wle, rads and chemo and had an mx after her recurrence.

i had a wle, rads and chemo and then got a recurrence in lymph nodes but becaise it was a grade 3 and triple neg and in the nodes i had lumpectomy, rads and more chemo..... so it does really depend on your own situation.... you are assessed as an individual.

good luck on the 14th xxx
Highlighted

Dear Dolphin

I am sorry you are having such a frightening time and just wanted to add that our helpliners are on hand with support and a listening ear while you wait and it may help to call to talk your worries over.

Lines are open today until 5, (weekdays 9-5 and Sat 10-2 0808 800 6000)

Take care

Lucy

Highlighted

Bump

Highlighted

Got appointment but got to wait until next Thurs (14th)!!!

Highlighted

Hello Dolphin 1. Its a terrifing moment when you find a new lump.It happened to me in 2008, four years post original dx. Mine was above my mx site, near my armpit and yes, it was cancer. But, devastated as I was to go through it all again, I did it and it was do-able. Its not something we want and I hope your lump is nothing but a bit of scar tissue , which is very likely, but if it IS cancer, then don't despair. Lots of people on here have gone through recurrences and are still here with no ill effects. Everything crossed that you won't have to go through it again xxx

Highlighted

Thanks meggy and meshell.
I did ok yesterday - went shopping!! But found evening supper at friends difficult as i didn't want to spool the evening by saying anything. Infact i have not told any one else about this scare.
Today on my own as OH at work and struggling with anxiety. Keep thinking that if it is cancer i will need chemo as lump is in same breast and radiotherapy obviously didn't work and all our plans for the next six months at least will be affected.

Highlighted

I know how your feeling. I HAD BC Three years ago, had lumpectomy and rads cant go on tamoxifen for other health reasons. So then had my yearly MRI. Got letter in post saying to come back for more tests had needle test, then more waiting for results. Got another letter to come back speak to consultant. Found c4 on my needle test had to go for more tests, 3 core biopsies. More waiting then went back to see consultant, sat down came back clear, unsure why the needle test came back with c4 wanted to do more tests another needle test. I said cant you cut the tissue out and he said ok, so next day had tissue cut out. Waited two weeks, keeped crying not knowing if it was back again. Then had another appointment worsed part he was running two hours behind so the not knowing and all the thoughts going around make you more nervous.
Eventually went in and no cancer found but, said their was a 6% chance it could come back.
So please stay positive, I know the waiting is the worst part, even if it did come back i've read encouraging stories that it is still curable.
As my son told me. mum you've had it before you can deal with it again, and you can't change the results what will be will be.
so i stopped worrying until the actual date of the appointment. FINGERS CROSSED FOR YOU X
Fingers crossed for you.
Highlighted

Thanks everyone. Now ive told my hubby i feel better and determined to enjoy the next three days as i know i wont hear about appointment this week. From monday i will be watching for the post every day

Highlighted

Oh bad luck on being 'back there' again, dolphin! It may turn out to be nothing, but even if it doesn't, you know you can do it. You've done it once, you can do it again. As Jlr says, you've done the right thing and got it seen to straight away.

Hang in there - I'll keep everything crossed for you. Hugs xx
Highlighted

Hi Dolphin
I also had first diagnosis + treatment in 2009 and I am just going through treatment for recurrence in axilla (detected in November 2012). I do hope you find it is all innocent/benign, but if it isn't, you may find like me that it is OK second time around. Somehow you know how to cope with it - not that you want to of course. Try not to get too fearful until you know what you are dealing with. The worst part for me has been the wait for the scans (bone & CT) and then the wait for the results because the major thing anybody wants to know is whether it has spread (I'm still waiting!!).Its not great being back in the clinics again so I really sympathise.
Hugs
Maggy

Highlighted

Oh no, fingers crossed it turns out to be nothing, even if it is bad news sounds like you have caught it straight away xx
Highlighted

What i really mean to say is i value support while i wait

Highlighted

New lump - support please

Had WLE and rads in 2009, on Tamoxifen. Found new lump on same breast last night, just seen GP. To be referred back to one stop clinic. Dont want to go through all this again especially all the waiting. Rather scared. No, very frightened!!!