cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New member and waiting results post WLE

2 REPLIES 2
Emily T

Re: New member and waiting results post WLE

Gosh thats a long wait for results, my op was the same day as you and I got my results last week, saying that, my HER2 still isn't back.

Mine was ER+, it was my wish, but I'd have taken HER2 over triple neg. The treatment for HER2 is good. I know its not as easy as just taking a pill every day but its still a treatment designed to stop this bastard coming back.

Good luck with your results tomorrow. xxx
ann-m
Community Champion

Re: New member and waiting results post WLE

hi sparky,
Sorry you find yourself here, but theres loads of support with others going through what you are, also it does not help to have to go through this over the holiday period.
Be prepared that it is likely to come back as her2 if the initial biopsy showed this, sometimes a diagnosis can change, but if it does its usually the grade.
Treatment for her2 is pretty effective now & outcomes have never been better.
do come & chat whenever you need to
hugs
ann x
Sparkydee

New member and waiting results post WLE

Hi everyone, had my lumpectomy 15 Dec, one larger lump and 1 small (6mm) removed, along with SNB. All healed ok, but it's been a long wait for results..(Xmas, bank hols) from biopsies they say it showed HER2+ but lymphs looked ok on ultrasound and on SNB but obviously waiting for confirmation. I've got my appointment on Tuesday.. my main prayers are for clear margins and lymphs, I'm 42 and found my lump in shower, went straight to GP next day.
I'm hoping that the biopsies were wrong and tumours come back not HER2+... any chance?
They had larger lump at grade 2, smaller at G3...