New member intro it's all mind boggling and worrying help

Hi ladies thank god I’ve got someone to share my deep thoughts with so hello all.I’m 49 next month and after a routine mammogram lumps was found.I had a lumpectomy 3 weeks ago and snb .just got results and this is as follows----- a 10mm lump was removed stage 2----grade2----and a 6.5 mm stage1----grade1----in between these lumps a small area of dcis was removed also.-----2lymph nodes were clear----I was told one side is not a clear margin so been told need another lumpectomy in 3weeks.i am er+ and pr+ and her2- i told surgeon take breast off I just want rid of this terrible disease but he reassured me it’s very tiny area it’s very early stages and a mx is not needed however if it’s what I want she will perform a mx even though in her and another surgeons opinion its putting me through unnecessary surgery also told me survival rates are exactly same for lumpectomy and mx .i was just thinking to be rid and not give it a chance to come back was just thinking if I nip it in the bud now but just hope and pray they get clear margin next time.I’m worried in case they have cut into another area that they didn’t know about or if they just cut slightly a tiny bit more then it’s clear .would like any ladies views I’m very confused it’s all new to me thank you xxx

Hi chillipink

Welcome to the BCC forums, in addition to the support and shared experiences you will find here please feel free to call our helpliners on 0808 800 6000, lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays

You may find the BCC ‘Just diagnosed’ information pages helpful and you can read them here:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/diagnosis?utm\_source=Homepage&%3Butm\_medium=help\_you&%3Butm\_campaign=diagnosis

Take care

Lucy

Hi chillipink
Had my op 1st July WLE and SNB in right breast waiting for results on SNB - 12 July. In 2009 I had DCIS in left breast. Thought that was the end of it. Like you I screamed at the surgeon for an MX (I had had a long wait between dx and seeing him).

He explained, but didn’t really take it in, I felt he had just dismissed me. So found this sight and I decided to have a chat with one of the nurses off this site. She was brilliant, excellent really helped me enormously. So my advice would be to talk to one of them - she will help you put things in perspective.
Do you have a date yet for your next op?

Georgina.

Hi thanks Georgina yes my op is booked for 24th July.you mentioned you had an wle in 2009.have you had mx recently