New member..with bleeding nipple

Hi everyone, as others have said on here, I have been reading the posts and am glad and relieved to have found this site .

This week I found that I had a spotanious bleed from one duct in my right breast. My first thought EEEEK.

I am 46 years old and have never had this happen to me before. After a few minutes of sheer panick I phoned my GP, and I must say that I recieved the farstest appointment ever…10 minutes later my doctor is examining my leaking breast and imediately refers me to the brest cinic for further tests, although he was very reasuring that is can be a number of things other than cancer , he did say that to be bleeding from only one duct on one breast could indeed be a sign of cancer.

On futher examination I also have a slight puckering on the underside of the breast, only visable when I hold my arms above my head.

At first I though a two week wait would be no problem but each day seems soooo long.

Are there any others on here that have had similar symptoms.

Hello Nicky1

Welcome to the forums. 

As well as the support you will receive on the forums we also have a free helpline where you can talk things through with a member of staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines re-open on Tuesday morning and normal hours are Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

With best wishes

June, moderator

Hi Nicky!
I hope your appointment will come through soon, the waiting for appointment, results etc, is always the worst. I had a bleeding from one of my nipples 21/2 years ago, was sent to the breast clinic straight away and had mammogram and ultrasound all came back clear. The consultant did not know the reason for the bleed. Cut a long story short, the bleeding continued very sporadically for 2 years and I had mammograms and ultrasound one after another, all clear,in the end the consultant said we need to do some exploratory surgery to see what is going on but first lets do a nipple biopsy. This came back as grade 2 DCIS , went on to have 2 wide local excisions came back as invasive grade 3 breast cancer, no spread luckily. I had an MRI scan the week before surgery and that came back negative too. My tumor was very small so never showed up on any scan. I really hope you get an all clear from your appointment and if the scans/ tests come back negative and you still have symptoms keep going back to check it out. There is always a cause for the bleeding but it certainly doesn’t have to be cancer. Good luck. x