cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New on here today, and have an appointment on 1st October at the Breast Clinic

3 REPLIES 3
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: New on here today, and have an appointment on 1st October at the Breast Clinic

Hello Woman Happy

I attended my  first appointment at the breast clinic yesterday after being referred by my doctor who found a breast lump .  I am 34 with strong family history.     My clinic was a one stop.  I was examined by the consultant who was lovely and put me at ease.  I was then given a mamogram and anultra sound.   Thankfully I was diagnoised with a cyst and need no more treatment.  The consultant has referred me to a family history clinic so hopefully I will be given scans for early detection in the future.    I was glad my husband came with me for support.    I hope it goes well for you , everyone in the clinic was very nice and supportive which you need at this worrying time.     The waiting was the worst part work kept me busy and I tried to stay positive.  If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

poemsgalore

Re: New on here today, and have an appointment on 1st October at the Breast Clinic

Hi Sharon

So sorry to hear you are in this situation. 

The  usual procedure is for them to give you what is called a triple assessment. 

1. Manual examination by nurse practioner

2. Mammogram

3. Ultra sound scan and if needed, a biopsy.

For the biopsy they will give you a local anaesthetic so it won't hurt.  Unless your clinic is a 'one stop clinic' you will get your results 1 - 2 weeks later. I'm sending big hugs, and hoping for a good outcome for you.

poemsgalore xx

Jo_BCC

Hi and welcome to the BCC discussion forums where I am sure you will get lots of good, honest support from the many informed users of this site.

While you are waiting for replies I have put for you below the link to BCC's publication 'Your breast clinic appointment' which I hope you find helpful.

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/worried-about-breast-cancer/referral-breast-clinic-...

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

Guest user
Not applicable

New on here today, and have an appointment on 1st October at the Breast Clinic

I am new on here today, and have an appointment on 1st October at the Breast Clinic.  I went to GP after finding a lump under my arm and also experiencing an achy booby and also discharge from nipple.  She put me under an urgent 2 week referal (but I hear that is pretty standard)  I have been told I have to allow 4 hrs for my appointment, anybody have any idea what tests they will do.   I am 44, have 2 girls aged 3 and 5 and cant have anymore kiddies.  Doctor has ruled out hormonal changes, but there is family history.

Sharon