New on the forum

Hi everyone: I have been reading through the posts on this forum and have been truly amazed at the bravery and honesty of the ladies on here. I have been struggling through over the last few weeks and have finally got an appointment at my local breast clinic but not until next Tuesday which seems an awful long time but is within the two week wait period since GP referral. I have a lump under my arm, thickening to one side of my breast and pain all around the ribs in the ‘Lumpy’ breast - pain worse on movement, coughing, deep breathes and of course my mind is running away with me and is thinking the absolute worst. I login to this forum very frequently because the posts from ladies with a diagnosis and under going treatment etc. helps me gain some sort of perspective and will definitely help me through this next week whilst I am awaiting the appointment ; to be honest it’s the pains I have which are freasking me out more than anything because I have already diagnosed my self with bone secondaries - but in the worst case scenario the lovely ladies on the bone mets threads again offer such a positive vibe it helps me keep a relative amount of sanity ; thanks for reading this and any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.
Sharon
x

Hi Sharon

Welcome to the BCC discussion forums where I am sure you will get lost of good, honest support from the many informed users of this site. While you are waiting for replies I have put for you below links to some of BCC’s publications you might like to read before your hospital appointment. As well as our publications, one of the services BCC offers is a free phone helpline where the staff are here to support you through this, no question is a silly question, just ask away either here on the forums or use the helpline. Calls to the helpline are free, 0808 800 6000 lines open Mon-Fri 9-5 and Sat 10-2

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/worried-about-breast-cancer/referral-breast-clinic-bcc70

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/breast-cancer-you-diagnosis-treatment-future-bcc44

Take care,

Jo, Facilitator

Hi Sharon.

I’m sure you’ve been told before, that the waiting is the worst part, because you don’t know what is ahead. When you have been to the Breast Clinic and found out the results of any tests you may have there, you will have a plan of treatment to focus on. We can scare ourselves silly by speculating and self diagnosis. We all do it, so you’re not alone. Hoping the next two weeks go quickly for you. Take care.

Hugs Poemsgalore

Hi Sharon. You have taken one of the most important steps already in going to see your GP… and signing up to this forum of course! Poemsgalore is so right about the waiting bit and i hope next Tuesday will come around quickly for you. I found keeping busy and going out for long walks during the waiting times kept the anxiety at bay to a certain extent. As far as advice goes, this may sound obvious but make sure you have someone with you at your appointment, make some notes, and repeat back to your doctor or one of the nurses what they have just told you. I have found this very affirming with my treatment as I can go away with a clear picture of facts rather than ‘maybes’. It is also really important to ask what happens next and when. good luck. I will be thinking of you. Caroline x

Thank you for the responses. I will update you following my appointment xxx