post deleted
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: New page on the main website

post deleted
moorcow

Hey Louey and norberte,
I just popped on to see if anyone had been around while I've been distracted by work - sorry you didn't get a bigger response sooner Louey - we were an active little lounge a few months ago but maybe its good we have moved on - just still want to be sure we are here for newer members if they need us.
So, how are things now?
Hope you and yours doing well,
if you see this and want to get back in touch please do,
I'll look out for you,
all the best Moorcow

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi I am new to this so hope I get this right my daughter lives with her female partner, who has had breast cancer 4 years ago, DCIS. This was a very difficult diagnosis, following 9 core biopsies she was given the option to have the lump removed although the consultant at the time was happy to leave it. Zara decided to have it removed and this was when they found cancer. Zara had radiotherapy and also had further excision of breast tissue because of the margins.Zara has recently felt a lump and has returned to the breast clinic had ultrasound and core biopsies only to be told it was an oil cyst due probably to previous surgery/radiotherapy.They did not want to remove it. Zara and my daughter were still somewhat worried given all the uncertainties the first time,she decided to accept their advice.However following further discussions with her GP she decided she wanted to have this lump removed another appointment was made, and she was seen by a different consultant, they clearly thought we were an over anxious family and didn't seem to like us asking so many questions.Again she was told he would not want to remove this lump and given Zara's other health problems ie MS and rheumatoid Arthritis this lump should be left alone. He also examined it and said it was the size of a hens egg which was opposite to what we were told 2 weeks earlier. again zara took their advice. Zara has now had to return this week as the lump has grown and is painful and is having pain under her armpit. Her breast has changed slightly and is pinkish near the lump and the scar looks different. When examined on Tuesday she was told by the radiographer who did scan she was right to return as there were changes a further 3 core biopsies have been taken and results will be ready next tuesday. My daughter and zara are very worried as one of the Macmillan nurses came to talk with them when they were given another appointment and she asked for their telephone number in case she needed to speak with them re the test samples. It is so worrying when in these units and unfortunately staff seem to have great difficulty showing any empathy. My daughter by the way is a district nurse and is appalled by some of the attitudes. I wondered if any other lesbian couples have a view.Louey

Guest user
Not applicable

post deleted

Jo_BCC

Hi Norbert,

I've reset the link and tried and it worked for me. Can you try it again please and see if it works for you. Thanks for letting us know.

Thanks,

Jo, Facilitator

Guest user
Not applicable

post deleted

Jo_BCC

New page on the main website

Hi

There is now a page on the Breast Cancer Care website dedicated to the issues facing lesbian and bisexual women with a breast cancer diagnosis.

The link is here: http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/campaigning-volunteering/policy/breast-cancer-inequalities/lesbia...

We are also planning on doing an audit of our new website to see where, how, and if it meets the needs of lesbian and bisexual women with breast cancer.

We are looking for lesbian or bisexual women to take part in this audit. This will involve critically looking at our website to suggest where we’re doing well and where we can improve. If you are interested in taking part, please email or call on 0207 960 3468. Participation can be all via email so travel won’t be necessary. Thanks!