New profile

I have been diagnosed 2012 with secondary breast cancer with a lumpectomy in 2004. I started on Aromasin with a bone hardener. The cancer has been attacking the lower spine, so I have had 6 rounds of radiotherapy. The cancer is also in the skull, breast bone and the chest nodes which made breathing difficult.

For pain I use Lyrica and Fentanyl patches with break threw under the tongue tabs.

Further tests showed the cancer had moved to the liver and a couple of spots in the lungs. We switched to Taxol and it worked so well for a while. I live in Dublin and started the Taxol in a private hospital, but the journey became too arduous for myself and my husband.
I moved to a local hospital with an excellent chemo department and a good palliative care team. I had to give up the taxol in May , but after a new scan has started again with a new chemo calyx with a bone hardener injection.

The heart is still strong and the liver has stopped acting up.

I don 't really know of more to post drug wise. I went to Prague for a Christmas market, southern Spain with my brother, bristol to see y grand children and Devon with my daughter, son, and grandchildren. I am trying to do as much as possible but sometimes it doesn’t work and I have to take to the bed!
It’s getting late so I will try again tomorrow.

Hi there housebythe water,

After reading your post I wondered if you have read any of BCC’s publications for Secondary BC?  If not, I have put the link for you below to a couple.  Also you might find it helpful and interesting to join in BCC’s Secondary Live Chat which runs each Tuesday evening between 8.30pm and 9.30pm, this session is only for people with a secondary diagnosis and I can assure you that the users who come to the session are very welcoming and helpful to each other.  The session is facilitated by a nurse and a moderator so there’s always someone there to answer any questions you might have.  I have also put you the link here for you to have a look at.  I hope this helps.

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/secondary-breast-cancer/secondary-breast-cancer-bcc58

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/secondary-breast-cancer/secondary-resource-pack-bcc173

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/about-breast-cancer-care/support-people-living-secondary-breast-cancer-sm25

Live chat link:

breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-services/someone-talk/live-chat?utm_source=Homepage&%3Butm_medium=Promo&%3Butm_campaign=live_chat

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

Welcome ‘House by the water’ - just go with the flow.

Vicki xxx