cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New reconstructed boob v saggy baggy one

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: New reconstructed boob v saggy baggy one

Crikey, it sounds like it's taken a lot to get it that way Shelia. I was hoping they could just take some of my fat and fill my normal boob up!! Ha ha. Dreaming more like.

Hi there,

Yes I have had my "normal" boob worked on. My reconstruction was a very difficult igap which just didn't match my other boob so I've had a lot of work done to both since the original surgery. My "normal" boob now has a small implant in it and also been lifted. It has taken a long time & numerous operations but I am finally getting there. One more "tweak" & I think I will be there 🙂

Love Sheila x

Highlighted

Hi .I'm on the list at wythenshawe to have uplift on remaining boob and nipple transfer.also the new boob is slightly bigger so they reduce it with syringe same as liposuction.you usually have to wait 6 months as new boob needs to settle and swelling go down .also ladies who have big nipples can have some cut off remaining breast so that's much better to have 2 real nipples instead of making a nipple out of skin .Amanda x
Highlighted

Fab thanks. There is hope.
Highlighted

Hi Will668,
Yes I had a reduction and uplift on the non mastectomy side, and I think I've read on here a post by someone who had an implant as well.
I didn't have it done straight away though as I wanted the recon side to settle down first, so as to get a better match.
Wishing you all the best with this
Jojo

Highlighted

New reconstructed boob v saggy baggy one

I have just had a mastectomy on 20th aug with DIEP flap and reconstruction. I was told in a couple of months I may need liposuction to reduce my new boob to match the other one. My children have said when are they going to fix the saggy baggy one, and wondered if anyone has gone to follow up appointment and been given the opportunity to improve the original remaining breast???