New recruit

Hello All,

Sadly, I am a new recruit and am just feeling able to talk about my / read about other people’s experience with bc.

I was diagnosed on 7th Dec last year and had a mastectomy on 3rd Jan. I’m out of hospital and apparently am recovering well - except for some fluid on my back and cording along my arm (has anyone else had that?)

My mental health is suffering a bit - I know you’re not supposed to swear on these chat forums but what a head-f@*!k this whole thing is…! Having said that I’ve just read a few of the chats going on and I must say it is inspiring to hear how positive you all are!

I am seeing the oncologist tomorrow re further treatment - so may be back with more questions!

Best, Annabel

welcome to the mad house!
just wanted to say hi and i had a wle and had loads of fluid and a bit of cording- do your excerises and that will help. I had therapy at my hospital which i found very helpful. Therre is help out there so dont suffer alone. Good luck with your onc appt tomorrow.

xxsam

Hi Annabel,

I was diagnosed in Oct 2007, Have had two operations and am now having chemo on number two of six, Still got Rads to go!

It is hard going The physical part is a breeze compared to what it does to your mind! But hang in there you’ll make it out the other end, The support and positive attitudes on here are amazing, They really help when you are feeling down,

Hope you appt with onc went ok,

Best of luck on your journey

Em XX

Hi Annabel

Just wanted to say hi and sorry you had to find yourself among us. I was diagnosed Jan 05, surgery, chemo and radio followed and I am now doing great. I know things seem really bad at the moment but they do get better. Any questions ask away, there is always someone here who will be more than happy to help or just to listen if you need to talk. With regards to cording, I suffered from this too but found that physio really helped. Speak to your BCN who should be able to refer you.

Very best wishes
Karen x

Hello Sam, Em and Karen,

Just wanted to say thank you very much for your replies. I was given the very good news, on Tuesday, that I don’t need to have any chemo or radiotherapy, just tamoxifen (and perhaps Zoladex if I can handle it) for the next few years. I feel very blessed to be spared those treatments and it has helped my outlook on this whole situation no end. Just got to accept and deal with the strange boob, wobbly back and a stiff arm now…

I may well be back with more questions (I’ve become very paranoid lately) but, if you read this, many thanks for your support.

All the best to you. Annabel x