Re: New swelling after wearing sleeve

Guest user
Not applicable

post deleted

vivrog

Hi All

Well I phoned the nurse and she said that it could be the sleeve is too tight and very often it is trial and error to get the right pressure. She has told me to try again and concentrate on doing hand exercises whilst wearing the sleeve but if that doean't help I need to go back to her.

Tried again yesterday and though my hand didn't swell quite as much my arm got more and more sore as the day went on to the point where I had just had to remove the sleeve. Today I haven't worn the sleeve and my arm feels very sore all the way up and the skin is ultra sensitive to touch....just like after I had surgery. I will be phoning the nurse I think on Monday!

Viv xx

xwelcomex

Guest user
Not applicable

post deleted

sarah68

Hi Viv!

Yes, I have had this prob. recently - puffy hand caused by some very ill-advised hot-tub use and made worse by sleeve. I have just received (today), a new, custom-made glove/sleeve combo. which, so far, seems a lot better. I would definitely ring your lymph. nurse about it when you can.

All the best, Sarah x

Midge

Hi

This happened to me and as my lympho wasn't too bad I took the decision not to wear my sleeve unless I was doing something which involved lifting. So far, touch wood, my lympho hasn't got any worse. My hand has settled down to being puddingy rather than tight, fat, sausages. I really didn't want a glove yet, unless I had to. Of course if things get worse I will have to reassess and I am going to wear my sleeve on holiday to avoid bites.

Good luck.

Debx

elinda45

Hi Viv

I had exactly the same thing when I had my first sleeve. It was switched to an all in one sleeve/glove and that's resolved the problem. It took me several sleeves before I found the one that suited me.

I think if would be a good idea to make an appointment with your lymphodema nurse preferably for a time of day when you've been wearing the sleeve for a while and she can see what's happening.

take care, Elinda x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Viv, I've had the same. I've now been given a sleeve which covers my thumb and part hand but even that makes my fingers like sausages so the lymphodoema nurse has prescribed a glove to go under my sleeve. I was going to say fingers crossed lol!

vivrog

New swelling after wearing sleeve

I have worn my sleeve today for the first time. I noticed that by lunchtime my hand had started to swell ( never had swelling there before). Is this normal?

Viv