New to This

Hi everyone, 

I’m Jo 33yrs and recently diagnosed with Grade 2 Breast Cancer I had lumpectomy 23rd December where they removed a tumour 1.5cm in size and three lymph nodes, when I went back for the results Lymph Nodes was clear, as were the margins and only 0.5cm was cancer. I was told I wouldn’t need Chemo as first thought and would only need a months course of Radiotherapy which starts on 10th Feb and 5yrs of Tamoxifen. I also had fertility treatment and had some embryo’s frozen. I’ve been through the stages of denial and still wake up panicking I’m going to die and the hot sweats from the tamoxifen. I also suffer from Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Hoping everyone is well as can be expected. x

Hi zippy1980

Firstly welcome to the BCC discussion forums.  I’m sure some of the other users will be along soon to offer you their support and experiences.  In the meantime if you would like to talk anything through do give the BCC helpline a call on 0808 800 6000.  Here you can share your feelings and concerns with someone who will offer you a listening ear as well as emotional support and practical information.  Lines are open Monday to Friday 9 to 5pm and Saturday 10 to 2pm.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator