cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to all this, terrified!

8 REPLIES 8
StormDancer

Re: New to all this, terrified!

Hi Tracey if you ever want to chat day and night there is a link in the younger womens forum its a link to a closed facebook page. Really lovely ladies on there to support you day in day out xxxx
millsey17

Thank you all so much, the initial shock has settled in a bit more today and I have kept myself busy seeing friends today, I am going to go to the threads suggested by you all and see what everyone is saying.

Thank you soo much, I really feel I am amongst friends.

xxxxx
Lola65

Hi Tracie,

I'm so sorry you have found yourself in this club, but you are amongst friends here. Please post any questions you have, and join the February Valentines group as millymolly suggested. Most ladies on there are newly diagnosed and have started or are starting chemo during February, and everyone is sharing their experiences. Take care and lots of hugs. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
millymolly_m

Bump
millymolly_m

Good advice rosebud. I too found the BCC helpline reassuring particularly when I'd asked the docs several times and was still panicking.
X
rosebud50

Hi
i am sorry you are joining this club. You are having a lot of information thrown at you but it sounds like you are having the best possibale care. I remember well the diagnosis phase and waiting for results. This is the most difficult time but it is essential to get a full picture before starting treatment.
during this time, i found lots of distractions. I went out for meals, coffee with friends, starting knitting project, got fit doing lots of walking. I would not search internet and only read this site. I would stop computer stuff early evening to get a good nights sleep, well try. I could not read many publications on this site, but over the days and weeks i slowly read through them.
i had a few dodgy moments, particularly when i did not understand a doctor, but found the BCC helpline reassuring.
Wishing you well.
millymolly_m

Hi Tracie,
First let me give you a virtual hug and hand hold for having to be here. I know just how dreadful that first shock of diagnosis is and understand the pain of being in the. I know everyone needs to work through their situation in a different way but if it helps you to find out all you can about BC then you're in the right place.
Everyone has a slightly different story but here you will find someone to compare notes with and you will find dozens of people who reallyunderstand your fears. They'll listen, give helpful advice and never think you're being a pest.
As a start why not have a look at the February Valentines thread. If you go to 'latest posts it should be near the top. will post to it again to keep it there.
http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/community/forums/undergoing-treatment-chemotherapy/starting-chemo-february-february-valentines?page=14#comment-2080556
Just read if you want or post if you have any questions. All these ladies are recently diagnosed. Some have started treatment, some are undergoing chemo and some, like me are awaiting results and confirmation of chemo plan and start date.
I can't say don't worry , 'cos you will but I can say stay in touch and you'll start to feel more in control.
Big hugs
Mandy
Louise_BCC

Hi Tracie

Firstly, welcome to the discussion forums, I'm sure you will find them a great source of information and support.

Just wanted to let you know about our Helpline who are available weekdays 9-5 and Saturday 10-2. They can offer information and support also and direct you to other sources of advice.

They're on 0808 800 6000.

Best wishes.

Louise, Facilitator

millsey17

New to all this, terrified!

Hi
My name is Tracie and I am 42, I was diagnosed with Invasive Ductal Multi Focal Cancer on 2nd January, 2013. I had SNB last week and I have today been told 1 in 3 of the nodes taken has micrometases. Chemo will start in 2 weeks and I understand it will be FEC, after 7 hours in the hospital today I cannot remember what that means but I am not really sure it matters what it stands for. I have 3 months of 3 weekly chemo initially followed by 3 months of weekly chemo, then full masectomy and then a year of herceptin and 10 years of Letrozole... That of course is if the CT Scan and MRI scan in the next 2 weeks do not show any other tumours anywhere else 😞
My breast cancer nurse recommended I join this forum and talk to people.

Here I am, scared, cant sleep and too much information swirling round in my head, any advice or information greatly appreciated

Tracie
xxxxx